Can I plan a route on my TomTom Go Supreme without the MyDrive app? — TomTom Community

Can I plan a route on my TomTom Go Supreme without the MyDrive app?

I have purchased a Go Supreme and the downloaded mydrive app will not accept the same username/password I used to log into this forum (password reset page is also not currently working!) and I have just realised I cannot plan a route without the app. My Via allowed me to plan a route on the device without the need for an app.

Best Answer

Answers

• JostaceyJostacey Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks so much Doug. I finally managed to get MyDrive working plus I figured out how to plan a route after hunting around the options on the device and using Stops to get the route to follow my directions as an alternative route. This is particularily important for me at the moment as I need to get back to my place in the Central Tablelands of NSW avoiding all the bush fire impacted road closures on the usual routes. Have a great Christmas/New Year and thanks for all of your help and information.

Cheers,
    Jo Stacey.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,593
    Superuser
    Hi @Jostacey

Glad you are sorted.

Keep safe from the fires which are getting a lot of news coverage here in the U.K. Our PM is going to a Caribbean Island for the holidays so wonder what disaster we have coming our way. More likely flooding than fires. 😂😂

Have a Great Christmas and hope 2020 is better than 2019 is finishing your way.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,071
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @Jostacey

Further to Dougs post....
    I you want to plan a route route directly on the Map using the North-up overview planning Map Screen ....
    Or add a 'Stop' to Create a diversion by adding a Stop or Stops

With a route planned
    Tap on the Direction of Travel Icon (Above the Plus & Minus Icons) to toggle the North-up overview planning Map and the Driving Map

Pinch zoom to the required location 'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the Location --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Add to Current Route'
    The device will calculate your route to include your new location

Saving the Route
    'Quick Tap' anywhere on the Route --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Manage route --> Add to my Routes.... Edit the route name as required or simply Tap Add

Note... (1) A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options

Also See The MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

Note... (2) The MyDrive Web Route planner will sync a .ITN Route with a Max of 20 stops

ATB YFM