TomTom could contribute to lower CO2 emissions — TomTom Community

TomTom could contribute to lower CO2 emissions

I would like to know your opinions on the following with the aim to make people more aware of their car's contribution to CO2 emissions in relation to speed, travel time and such.
1) The navigation device puts extra information about your car in its database: type and price of fuel (/L), consumption km range (L/100km) at different speeds, e.g. resp. 80, 100, 120, 130, 140 km/hr. E.g. in my G5100 and my car: diesel (€1,28/L); @80 km/hr: 4 L/100km; @100 km/hr: 5 L/100km; @130 km/hr: 6,5 L/100km. Head- and tail-wind routes are initially ignored because they are very difficult to quantify.
2) In the calculated route planning menu the various choices are shown at which speed options (e.g. 100, 120, 130, 140 km/hr) you will be arriving, how much fuel you will be using and what the fuel costs will be for your trip. Optionally the CO2 emissions can be stated.
3) The user selects the preferred speed option, which will be shown in the info frame at the right side of the screen next to arrival time. Of course the software takes into account the existing maximum speeds in the planned route.
4) Optionally the amount of emitted fine particles (e.g. PM 10) might be shown at the speed options.

I am curious what you think about this suggestion.
Tagged: