W10 icon shows new items available but MyDrive Connect "Your device is up to date" — TomTom Community

W10 icon shows new items available but MyDrive Connect "Your device is up to date"

GerardTrompGerardTromp Posts: 17 [Master Traveler]
I am convinced this has been covered before, but I am unable to locate the thread using the search function.

I just performed the updates to v10.40 of the maps I have installed. I also updated the other recent updates (Speed camera, etc), but the W10 taskbar icon still shows "there are new items available" while MyDrive Connect shows "Your device is up to date".

I vaguely recall that the advice is to clean out the computer cache (%userprofile%/AppData/Local/TomTom/HOME3, and %userprofile%/AppData/Local/TomTom/MyDrive Connect). Can someone please confirm that this is the recommended fix?

Answers

• LucifyLucify Posts: 124 [Exalted Navigator]
    call customer care tomorrow or send an email. May be they can check what's going on?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,814
    Superuser
    @GerardTromp

Taking that you are still in South Africa, from previous discussions, (please edit your profile to say which country you actually are in ;) ) contact details for Customer Services:-

South Africa
    0800 980670
    Monday-Friday: 10:00 to 18:30
  • GerardTrompGerardTromp Posts: 17 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Niall,

When I tried to do that (edit my profile), the system responded with "Permission Problem. You don't have permission to do that."

Just used a different browser (default Chrome) and I had to actually log in. Looks like I will have to clear the TomTom Cookies and other things in the default browser cache.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,283 Moderator
    Hi @GerardTromp

Try to edit your profile after clearing the browser cache or in an incognito/private mode.

Regards
    Vikram