GO PROFESSIONAL 6250 DIVERT ME AWAY FROM UN-RESTRICTED TUNNELS ?? — TomTom Community

GO PROFESSIONAL 6250 DIVERT ME AWAY FROM UN-RESTRICTED TUNNELS ??

JEFF-GJEFF-G Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
WHY DOES MY GO PROFESSIONAL 6250 DIVERT ME AWAY FROM UN-RESTRICTED TUNNELS ?? I HAVE SET ALL THE CORRECT PERAMETERS ON MY DEVICE.

Best Answer

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,204 Moderator
    Hi @JEFF-G

Welcome to the community!

1. Could you share the route planning preferences?
    2. Selected vehicle dimensions entered.
    3. Start point and the destination of the planned route.

I would like to add this to an existing ticket that is created to address the routing problems.

Thanks
    Vikram
  • JEFF-GJEFF-G Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, Vikram, my vehicle dimensions are, L-18.00 W-2.20 H-4.65 all in meters
    Gross 38.00 Axle 8.00 all in tonnes, no hazardous materials.
    The starting point is from Heywood in Manchester to Holyhead ferry terminal in Holyhead Anglesey, the only part of the journey that there is a problem with is the CONWY tunnel .
    hope this info allows you to rectify the issue
    regards JEFF
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,420
    Superusers
    Hi
    @JEFF-G

Maybe worth a check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Route planning....
    Scroll down to Avoid on every route... Is the avoid tunnels switch set to ON ???

ATB YFM
    Hiya YamFazMan,
    iv'e tried changing all the route setting switches around , and it still sending me around the Conwy tunnel , it has to be some glitch in the tom tom map that tom tom must be able to sort out ???, but thank you for your input. i'm open to all suggestions as it's getting pretty annoying, £400 and not working properly from straight out of the box.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,420
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @JEFF-G

Are you running Latest Map v1041 ???
    There is a problem with the 1035 & 1040 Map for the Truck & Camper Caravan devices...

See this Thread and Vikrams post (Moderator) Here....
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1684245/#Comment_1684245

ATB YFM
    Hiya YamFazMan, yes , I have the latest map on my device.....v1041.9938, I have re-set it numerous times with no luck, I've changed the settings in route planning etc. but no luck.
    regards JEFF
    Hi yamfazman, now not only is my tomtom go professional 6250 diverting me away from unrestricted tunnels, the live traffic and speed cameras not working, supposed to be life time , not a couple of weeks, I am really disappointed in Tom Tom, I’ve done the resets and re installed the maps etc, but to no avail, any ideas apart from setting fire to it ..
    Regards
    JEFF