Build in Carminat controls not responding — TomTom Community

Build in Carminat controls not responding

NickyCamachoNickyCamacho Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
I recently purchased a Renault Megane with a build in TomTom Carminat sat nav. The sat nav goes on.. First the legal policy appears and asked me to agree.. The Centre controls do not respond and neither does the remote.. Eventually this screen changes to the map. But I cannot access the menu due to the controls not responding no matter what I do. I have reset a couple times and updated via my laptop...

What could be the problem and does anyone know how to fix this problem

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,092 Moderator
    Hi @NickyCamacho

Welcome to the community!

Could you try reinstalling the software on the device? See the video below-

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi @NickyCamacho

Could you try reinstalling the software on the device? See the video below-

Regards
    Vikram
  • YuyunYuyun Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi,
    I do have same problem with my Renault Megane 2012 Carminat Tomtom and had updated Renault (Australia New Zealand) SD Card but later on was not recognized anymore with my Car's carminat tomtom and shown "problem with map, You can not use this map on this device: Australia-479".

Please help me what to do?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,180
    Superuser
    Hi @Yuyun

Maybe @VikramK can sort your map out. Look back here later.

Doug
    Hi @Yuyun

A map has been reactivated for your TomTom. Please remove the existing map first before installing a fresh map offered in TomTom HOME application.

Regards, Vikram
    Hi @VikramK ,
    Wow, that was a lightning-fast response!
    Will try and will let you know.
    Thank you very much!
    Hi @VikramK
    seems to be my SD card corrupted as took ages to read on carminat Tomtom home and straight away not responding,...I don't want to formatting the SD card as Im afraid all my data will lost...is there any options to recover it?
    Hi @DougLap and @VikramK

I Bought new SD Card then downloaded all updated apps at TomTom Home, later inserted to Renault's Carminat TomTom Navigation within a few minutes and.... Voilaaa.......it WORKS!!!!
    I really appreciate your support in this endeavor,...Taking the time to help me was a very nice thing for you all..... Thanks so much!!!!!

PS: Now, I kept original Renault SD Card till I can figure it out how to recovered it and make as back up also.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,180
    Superuser
    Hi @Yuyun

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0