New update clearly not ready — TomTom Community

New update clearly not ready

Do we have an option to roll back this usless update?

You really should ask people if you want them to test a product that they have paid for.

You've ruined one of the best Navigation apps there is!

I can't even load the old version from the the play store.

Poor show from you guys and looking at the other posts you know full well that this product isn't ready for public release!

Sort it out

Comments

• schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 264 [Exalted Navigator]
    Search for 1.18.1 on APK mirror. You can side-load that. Turn off auto-updates for it as TT will try to push 2.0.1 again.
  • Mikehill219Mikehill219 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Search for 1.18.1 on APK mirror. You can side-load that. Turn off auto-updates for it as TT will try to push 2.0.1 again.

Perfect, never knew I could do that! Let normality resume!
    APKMirror is a great site as there seems to be no malware there. Great place to get side-loads for apps you carrier or Google has blocked you from having. Only problem is some require root. I was always rooted but the gig I have requires an un-rooted phone.
  • Rhodie54Rhodie54 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I used to have a Samsung S6 and my tom tom go app worked perfectly. 2 weeks ago I purchased a new phone, Samsung A70, the app works fine except for no voice. When I search for destination the app tells me the arrival time, but then nothing. I looked on here and saw that I need to search for 1.18.1 on APK mirror. I am 65 years old, not tech savvy and have no idea what you mean by this. I searched for APK mirror on play store, but could not see it. Can someone please explain how I do this and hopefully get voiced instructions again. Many thanks in advance
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 13,732
    Superusers
    Rhodie54 wrote: »
    ...., the app works fine except for no voice. When I search for destination the app tells me the arrival time, but then nothing. ....
    g33q53czxrsg.jpg
    Are Voice instructions activated?
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    ...., the app works fine except for no voice. When I search for destination the app tells me the arrival time, but then nothing. ....
    g33q53czxrsg.jpg
    Are Voice instructions activated?

Yes it is
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,922
    Superuser
    Hi

If available on the Android App

Make sure you have Serena as the voice selected then Select the items you want Read Aloud

If you have an option called Sounds And Warnings in Settings set the Warning Type to Read aloud. Now check the Speed Cameras and Safety Warnings you want read Aloud.

Doug
    Hi Doug, yes all checked to read aloud. I think it is to do with the latest update, but cant say for definate
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,922
    Superuser
    Hi @Rhodie54

One odd thing that has happened on a few Apple phones with the TT app where the volume/speech was an issue whilst using the App has been resolved by pressing the Volume Up button when you expect the device to say some directions. Just on the off chance it works on android phone try it. This is despite the volume button being on max on the phone normally.

Doug
    I used to have a Samsung S6 and my tom tom go app worked perfectly. 2 weeks ago I purchased a new phone, Samsung A70, the app works fine except for no voice. When I search for destination the app tells me the arrival time, but then nothing. I looked on here and saw that I need to search for 1.18.1 on APK mirror. I am 65 years old, not tech savvy and have no idea what you mean by this. I searched for APK mirror on play store, but could not see it. Can someone please explain how I do this and hopefully get voiced instructions again. Many thanks in advance

1.18.1 is here:

https://apkmirror.com/apk/tomtom-international-bv/tomtom-gps-navigation-traffic/tomtom-gps-navigation-traffic-1-18-1-release/

Download 1.18.1 dated 10/31/2019. Copy it to your phone via USB or download it directly. Open/run it from a file manager and it will install. Done.

Wish I was only 65. That is the new 40 you know.