Android App Forums — TomTom Community

Android App Forums

tgoldtgold Posts: 2,186 [Revered Voyager]
I see one forum entitled TomTom GO Navigation app for Android™ and another with the name TomTom GO Mobile and Navigation for Android™. Could someone please compare and contrast their different purposes?

Best Answer

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,972
    Superusers
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,186 [Revered Voyager]
    Perhaps TomTom would rename TomTom GO Mobile and Navigation for Android™ to become simply TomTom GO Mobile for Android™ to make this plainer to people like me with very small brains.
    Superusers
    You're right.
    The problem is probably that the new app was already available in other countries and is only now being released for Europe..
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    You're right.
    That you for confirming the size of my brain :)
    Grüße

Superusers
    :joy:
    Not your brain. I mean of course the structure in the forum. ;)

Thanks for the "Grüße"
    Sometimes i must use Google Translate too. 😛

Whish you a nice evening.

edited December 2019
    We with very small brains thank you.

To be pedantic, I note that the product name of the new app in the Play Store is simply TomTom Navigation and its internal name within the app is merely TomTom, so there is no GO in any version of its name.
    edited December 2019
    P.S. on the topic of chaotic naming, the worst present example is a TomTom app in the Play Store under the name of TomTom Speed Cameras - Alerts & Live Traffic while it's internal name and how it appears in the phone and app listing is Safety Cameras and also there is a Discussions forum with the name of TomTom AmiGO app for Android™ which I suspect is also related.

The previous chaos was when TomTom was naming too many things MyDrive including a web site, a phone app and a PC maintenance tool for PNDs. The last one was renamed MyDrive Connect but that hardly helped the newbies.

For a company dedicated to navigation TomTom is not too great at its own signage!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,311 Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Thanks @tgold for reporting this one, let me get some clarifications on AmiGO naming.

Piyush