Traffic & Camera lifetime service — TomTom Community

Traffic & Camera lifetime service

ForesailForesail Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
1. I have a recently purchased GO Premium X. I see a message saying that traffic and camera information expires soon whereas it should be a lifetime service. Please advise.
2. The image on the screenhas stopped rotating when the position of the unit changes from landscape to portrait. I have gone to <settings<, <appearance>, <display> but I can see no "on/off" switch for auto rotation of the image. Please advise.

Best Answer

Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    Check your subscriptions with support:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • ForesailForesail Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I do not require a subscription because lifetime support was included in the purchase price. The unit is registered with Tomtom.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    Yeah but you need to check with Support as to why the wrong information is being shown to you.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,749 Moderator
    Hi @Foresail

Welcome to the Community! I've fixed the subscription on your Premium device, please make a factory reset on your device and then activate the services to apply the changes.

Regards, lampard
    Thank you all for the info concerning the subscription issue. Do you have any ideas about how I can restore the rotation of the image problem?
    Many thanks
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,570
    Superuser
    Hi @Foresail

There is no option to rotate the screen display. If you want to move the device from being mounted on the Dash to on the Screen you rotate the devices Holder unit.

Doug
    Thank you Lampard, I have done what you suggest (twice) and also left it for 24 hours to allow time for the new account setting to take effect but I still get a cross.in the traffic icon. I would be grateful for any further ideas to allow me to get traffic information on my GO Premium X.
    Foresail

Hi DougLap. Thank you however the User Manual for my GO Premium X refers in several places to what happens in portrait mode and I had this facility but lost it after a couple of weeks for some reason. I would like to retrieve this.
    Thanks, Foresail
    Superuser
    edited December 2019
    Hi @Foresail

Could you please indicate which pages you say the manual indicates Portrait Mode. There are some images that look like Portrait images but for example are only showing the Route bar image from a Premium Screen which is on the right of the screen but not the whole of the screens display.

Doug
    Hi Doug, Looking at TomTom-GO-PREMIUM User Manual-EU-UM-en-gb pdf manual available on http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_GO_PREMIUM/index.htm then portait mode is referenced on pp. 17, 25, 37, 45, 47, 170, 171 and 175.
    Many thanks, Foresail
    Superuser
    edited December 2019
    Hi @Foresail

Thank you for the info. I do not have a Premium but gave my answer as non of the models, except the Rider range, released by Tomtom for many years have had a facility to rotate the screen display as that function is carried out by the holder which can be rotated.

Regarding the page entries you have mentioned the first part as far as I interpret it means that if you Tap Menu then Tap the Menu heading you are quickly taken to a list of specific settings such as whether Wifi is connected or not and can then tap option to go straight to the Settings menu.

Regarding the latter mention of Portrait mode `I shall have to make some enquiries to find what that refers too

Doug
    Thank you Doug, Vikram and others for your patience! The Traffic issue is now sorted. A pity about TomTom not flipping the screen because when I have it mounted on my widscreen the best option is to have the unit in portrait position - but that is not much good when the picture on the screen remains in landscape mode and therefore appears sideways!
    Foresail
  • SteveH60SteveH60 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Just got a new Go Premium 6 replacing my old Via 135, genuinely dismayed that the auto screen rotation function has been dropped on this much newer and I would have assumed superior device. Now going to have to totally rethink mounting options as I use this in a small sports car, with the stand mounted on a dash disc the device sits really high and chops out a great deal of forward vision.

My first thought was simply to turn the ball and socket through 180 degrees which brings the device to a perfect level but sadly the display stays upside down, massive disappointment on a device costing around £300.

I am now one very pi**ed off customer, am I the only one that would have naturally assumed that a more modern, more expensive device would have retained this functionality, after all I got the Via 135 back in 2013!!
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 12,016
    Superuser
    edited May 19
    @SteveH60
    You can rotate the Mount.
    Please see this comment from @YamFazMan
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1632106/#Comment_1632106
    In my car i have the satnav on the dashboard.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,070
    Superusers
    Hi
    @SteveH60

Dashboard Mounted...
    nb7fwp7hfit3.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,070
    Superusers
    Hi
    @SteveH60
    Maybe another option.....
    The Easyport Mount has the same size ball 16mm as the Go Premium Magnetic Mount

Here's an Easyport Mount + The Magnetic Mount from the GO Premium

Note... The Magnetic Mount hangs lower than the suction cup of the Easyport Mount, so you would have to allow some clearance for this hangover on the dashboard

5e184688-abfd-4cb9-a6b5-d9d1a44ab656.jpg
    Easyport Mount...https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/mounts-docks/easyport-mount-9UUB.001.23/

Stay Safe... ATB YFM