2 TomTom's & 1 account — TomTom Community

2 TomTom's & 1 account

I have 2 TomTom’s and one account with my email. How do I stop 1 TomTom updating the journey of the other one. In other words both TomTom’s in different cars keep having the same destination

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,405
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Ianbarlow

Logging out of My Drive on both units will stop you creating a route on one device or in My Drive affecting the other. Logging out does not affect the normal running of either device and as the TT unit remembers the Log in details it is easy to do.as all you need is the password..

You can Log into My Drive if you need to update the My Places or Route files on a device and if you have sent a route from My Drive that you want the device to receive.

.Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,762
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Ianbarlow

Re... Multple NAV4 or NAV5 devices using the same Email Address & Password... This configuration can give problems if two or more devices are being used at the same time....
    For example....
    Markos01 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I have a Go 5000 and a Go 6000 – which my parents use – and both are on the same account. Just recently we were both using our devices simultaneously but heading in different directions, and we both had our routes automatically changed by each other's device which I wasn't expecting!
    What's the solution for this: do I have to take one device off the account and create a new account for it? Will it lose the speed camera subsription if I do this?
    Any help appreciated!
    Answer.... Logging out of MyDrive on your devices is the way to go....
    When you need to sync a route file, log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with 8 devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

If you're not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on the devices, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive (Web) Route planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to each individual device

I maintain three NAV4 devices GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and five NAV5 (Wifi) GO 520, 620, GO 6200, GO Premier & Rider 550 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

NAV4.................. Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    NAV(5)+Wifi)... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

ATB YFM
  • IanbarlowIanbarlow Posts: 28 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Accepted Answer
    thanks to everyone

Ian

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Ianbarlow

Logging out of My Drive on both units will stop you creating a route on one device or in My Drive affecting the other. Logging out does not affect the normal running of either device and as the TT unit remembers the Log in details it is easy to do.as all you need is the password..

You can Log into My Drive if you need to update the My Places or Route files on a device and if you have sent a route from My Drive that you want the device to receive.

.Doug
    Thanks
    A little confusing but I sort of get it

Thanks

Ian
    Superuser
    Hi Ian

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap My Drive
    Tap Stop Syncing (bottom Right)

You will now not have data passing between that device and your My Drive Account. If you do it on one unit then any routing you do on the other unit or in Mt Drive will not affect that unit. Conversely if you create a route on the logged out unit the routing is not sent to your account and thus passed on to the logged in unit..

Doug
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Ianbarlow

Re... Multple NAV4 or NAV5 devices using the same Email Address & Password... This configuration can give problems if two or more devices are being used at the same time....
    For example....
    Markos01 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I have a Go 5000 and a Go 6000 – which my parents use – and both are on the same account. Just recently we were both using our devices simultaneously but heading in different directions, and we both had our routes automatically changed by each other's device which I wasn't expecting!
    What's the solution for this: do I have to take one device off the account and create a new account for it? Will it lose the speed camera subsription if I do this?
    Any help appreciated!
    Answer.... Logging out of MyDrive on your devices is the way to go....
    When you need to sync a route file, log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with 8 devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

If you're not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on the devices, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive (Web) Route planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to each individual device

I maintain three NAV4 devices GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and five NAV5 (Wifi) GO 520, 620, GO 6200, GO Premier & Rider 550 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

NAV4.................. Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    NAV(5)+Wifi)... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

ATB YFM
    Accepted Answer
    thanks to everyone

Ian
    Superuser
    Hi @Ianbarlow

Your welcome. Worth ensuring the user of the other device knows how to log into My Drive on their unit. They can ring you and ask for help to get somewhere and you can send them the route.

Doug
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Ianbarlow

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

ATB YFM