Can I do a factory reset (to wipe personal data) with a cracked unresponsive screen ? — TomTom Community

Can I do a factory reset (to wipe personal data) with a cracked unresponsive screen ?

Dear All

I have dropped our 6 year old GO 6000 on the same day as planning an upgrade. That has now been brought forward because the screen has cracked sufficiently that the touchscreen no longer works at all.

I cannot therefore reset via the Settings option on the screen because I cannot access that.

I would like to log out and wipe the device.

Can I do that another way ? If I connect to MyDrive Connect, it still recognises the device.

Many thanks

Bill
Tagged:

Best Answers

• LucifyLucify Posts: 124 [Exalted Navigator]
    Accepted Answer
    a remote factory reset is not possible. you can ask tomtom customer care to block and remove the device from your account.
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 666
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    As Lucify said, I don't think a remote reset is possible.

I think your best bet would be to replace the screen and do it the normal way. Although of course if you do that you wouldn't need to reset it in the first place!

A search on eBay for replacement screens for a 6000 range from about £25 (glass/digitiser only - which is a slightly trickier DIY job) to about £40 (glass and frame - less tricky DIY job).

Answers

• LucifyLucify Posts: 124 [Exalted Navigator]
    Accepted Answer
    a remote factory reset is not possible. you can ask tomtom customer care to block and remove the device from your account.
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 666
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    As Lucify said, I don't think a remote reset is possible.

I think your best bet would be to replace the screen and do it the normal way. Although of course if you do that you wouldn't need to reset it in the first place!

A search on eBay for replacement screens for a 6000 range from about £25 (glass/digitiser only - which is a slightly trickier DIY job) to about £40 (glass and frame - less tricky DIY job).
  • Orwell1Orwell1 Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    Dear Both

Thanks for your help

Bill