Rider 400 Freezing — TomTom Community

Rider 400 Freezing

WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
I switch my Rider 400 on and everything seems ok, it starts to load them the screen goes blank and it will stay like that for some times 10 plus minutes before anything happens. I did a 65 mile journey today and it only came to life after about an hour then it keep on telling me to turn around, because of the stupid starting point thing that's on them. I've had TomTom's for over 20 plus years and this is the worst one I have ever bought bring back the Rider 1 and 2, they worked a lot better, if I could get the mount again I would re-use mine Rider 2 and throw the 400 away. Total RUBBISH.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,142 Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @Woodbutcher

The NAV4 & NAV5 Rider devices have a much larger battery capacity 6Hours running time compared to than the 2Hrs (If your lucky) of the Car devices... and therefore will take much longer to fully charge than the 2 hours for Car device....

Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) button... On the Menu Screen top right is a battery status Icon
    Charging... Displays when Connected to a Power supply
    368fa599-f465-4a45-9274-b2b29b56a6d1.jpg
    Full Charge... Displays when Connected or Not Connected Power supply
    ebebfcff-7cf3-43d5-9479-ef4b7f2a85ed.jpg
    Half Charge... Displays when NOT Connected Power supply
    5c45ac4c-1a65-45a0-9b3b-8b88879a94cc.jpg
    Low Battery... Displays when NOT Connected Power supply
    29b0c6f3-11f1-4d8f-9543-eef314472a31.jpg
    One of the worst things you can do to a Lithium battery is to run it flat so at a certain percentage of discharge (Unspecified)... The device will go into 'Power Saving Mode' the screen will dull, and the device will eventually turn itself off (Not Sleep)

For an accurate Battery Status reading....
    There is a Battery Status display available on the devices Status Screen

Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound Continue to hold the on/off button until the Black & White Status screen is shown.....
    c3623f43-813f-4ddf-9e35-af42824c5331.jpg
    If you are worrying about the device charging, you might consider one of these gadgets
    63a11bd6-9bcb-49ec-b71b-9223d7c334dd.jpgOr

b23e2fef-ffbf-4127-80b0-646533d6f987.jpg
    Simply plug the device into the USB socket and plug your lead into the USB Doctor, the device will display the Voltage and Power being used by your various USB devices
    I have one of each type they're only peanuts to buy, search Amazon/eBay for USB Doctor

ATB YFM
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The answer you have just given me, is not even relivent to the question I asked.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 405 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Enable Orientation Lock to prevent freezing.
    (Menu -> Settings -> Appearance -> Display ->Locking device Orientation)

Also bad BT connections can cause freezing.
    Disable your BT devices one by one to find the bad one.
    In my case I sometimes have to reboot my phone to fix the bad BT connection. (max. 2 x a year)

When you mist the start, just restart the Track and choose nearest point.
    (when you drive a Route Menu -> Current route -> Skip Next Stop or Avoid Part of Route)