Why does the tomtom 6200 wifi turn off and on from time to time? — TomTom Community

Why does the tomtom 6200 wifi turn off and on from time to time?

Gomu30Gomu30 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, I have a TomTom GO 6200 WIFI and when I have it running for a while it turns off and on again. Has anyone had the same?

Mod edit: Machine translated(Spanish)

Answers

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,871
    Superuser
    Gomu30 wrote: »
    Hi, I have a TomTom GO 6200 WIFI and when I have it running for a while it turns off and on again. Has anyone had the same?

Are you using a USB port in your vehicle?
    As the USB ports in your vehicle provides only 0.5Amps and are for data transfer and not supplying power; whereas your device should have 1.2Amps to run AND charge the battery. With a vehicle USB port the reduced power means that the device tries to save it's power requirements by dimming the screen, reducing power to the SIM thus dropping traffic info, and, as you have found out, it then sleeps.
    Try plugging the original cable into the original cigarette lighter charger, does it then keep sleeping?

¿Estás utilizando un puerto USB en tu vehículo?
    Como los puertos USB en su vehículo proporcionan solo 0.5Amps y son para transferencia de datos y no suministran energía; mientras que su dispositivo debe tener 1.2 Amperios para ejecutar Y cargar la batería. Con un puerto USB del vehículo, la energía reducida significa que el dispositivo intenta guardar sus requisitos de energía al atenuar la pantalla, reducir la energía a la SIM, lo que deja caer la información del tráfico y, como se enteró, luego duerme.
    Intente enchufar el cable original en el cargador original del encendedor de cigarrillos, ¿sigue durmiendo?