device stuck on screen "no map available" — TomTom Community

device stuck on screen "no map available"

I tried to download map on new device, but my wifi is too slow so it failed. I now want to download with the computer but the device is stuck on the "No maps available You need to add at least one map before you can use your device" screen. The only option is to click on "Add a map". I can't call up the menu to download through computer. I have reset device but it just opens on the same screen

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,286
    Superuser
    Hi @philippa7

Try this.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1041654/no-maps-available-wi-fi-devices#latest

Having done that then I would recommend that you add another map. I loaded Venezuela which is very small and easily loads on the Internal memory. Once you have loaded it leave it lying there as should you have a problem again during an upload and lose the map you will be able to start your device as you have a valid map on it. As you can start the device then you just go to Add a Map to restore the one you have lost.

All the best

Doug
  • philippa7philippa7 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks. I was able to download the Netherlands. But Western Europe, or France, or Gemerany won't load, even with USB and repeated tries. So I'll have to wait until I get fibre network to cross borders:(
    Not very happy by how much work this is for so little. Have been busy with this since yesterday.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,286
    Superuser
    edited December 2019
    Hi @philippa7

Are you trying this with the Unit connected to the PC with the cable inserted directly into the socket on the back of the device and the device not in its holder.

With the PC having the My Drive Software loaded and running when you see the screen saying use Wifi ignore that and use the menus on the Premium to manage the downloads. The Device is only using the connection to the PC for access to the Internet.

Doug