There was a problem loading the purchased cards to SD — TomTom Community

There was a problem loading the purchased cards to SD

serg1981serg1981 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited December 2019 in Built in car navigation
Hi there!
Bought a full map of Europe (version 1040.9803) via TT Home and downloaded. But the download goes only to the computer, at the stage of writing to SD everything stops and freezes. Please help.
My carminat tomtom device is live

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,155 Moderator
    Hi @serg1981

Welcome to the community!

Does the installation fail after the process freezes? Is there any error message?

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • serg1981serg1981 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    No, there is no error, it hangs during the upgrade phase of the SD (last step), although it was downloaded to the computer, did not turn off the computer all night - to no avail.

I did everything according to the instructions, the TT was updated, the download works, the card is written on the computer, but it does not write on SD
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,155 Moderator
    Hi @serg1981

It sounds like a problem with the memory card.

On this FAQ- https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18349

Could you try Steps =1/2/3/4

At step 5 instead of installing updates from a back up stored on the computer try to check for updates offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    This is exactly what I did, the card is new, I try to install the proposed updates, but it hangs in the last stage (actually writing on the SD card)
    Downloaded card files as I understand it is ready to be installed on SD, but for some reason this is not happening? on the computer itself saves all the files