Speed cameras does not work — TomTom Community

Speed cameras does not work

AmiBoAmiBo Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
I have installed new map "Scandinavia" instead of pre-installed "Europe" (because it takes less Gb when new maps apear), but now I no longer get access to speed camera warnings. I have just downloaded and installed a "Speed-Camera update". Do I need the complete "Europe" to be installed to make the speed-camera work properly, or how can I solve this malfunction?

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 10,935 Superuser
    edited December 2019
    Hi AmiBo
    Which device are you talking about? Are the warning settings correct?
    Have you made a Drumreset after the Speetcam Update?
  • AmiBoAmiBo Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    TomTom Go Premium. Warnings settings correct. What is a "Drumreset"?
  • AmiBoAmiBo Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    As I understand it now is that a drumreset resets almost everything, even the installation of the Scandinavia-map, the map which is the total purpose, minimizing the Gb when updating the device. Have not unlimited access to the net...
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 10,935 Superuser
    A drum reset does only clear the ram of the device.
    Turn on the device and then hold the powerbutton about 20second til the device starts again with the drum sond.
    You loose nothing from your personal Data and settings in the device. It only clears the cache of the device.
  • Tompa53Tompa53 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited January 13
    And I get no speed camera updates. It says that the tomtom service is currently unavailable. For how long then

Mod edit: Machine translated(Spanish)
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,012 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Tompa53

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to make some changes in the backend. I would recommend that you do a soft reset and check for updates when connected to a WiFi internet connection.

Regards
    Vikram