Updated Home system 2.20 does not work. — TomTom Community

Updated Home system 2.20 does not work.

HajoHHajoH Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have a subscription for new maps on my Carminat built in car system. Yesterday I was prompted to renew my TomTom Home system to 2.20. When I put the SD card back in the car. It did not start up.

Comments

• HajoHHajoH Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    This is what is happening, but how do I solve it?
    Is anyone familiar with Carminat? Because my question seems to disappear. see my question at 1:40 PM
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 989 [Revered Pioneer]
    Like all the many people who have suffered this problem, you need @VikramK to help out.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,443 Moderator
    HajoH wrote: »
    Because my question seems to disappear. see my question at 1:40 PM

Your discussion is still there- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1113984/i-have-a-subscription-for-a-new-map-each-quarter-so-far-i-could-not-detect-a-downloadable-map#latest :)

I can confirm the ordered subscription for map update is active on your account. Which is the current map version installed on your device?

In the main menu, tap Status & Information.
    - Tap Version information.
    - The version of the map is listed next to the name of the Map, for example: ' Europe' v1040.

Thanks
    Vikram

The version of the map I downloaded is 1040.9803 (western zone of Europe). I also was asked to update the software version from 2.19 to 2.20. Which I did.

Thanks
    Hajo
    Hi HajoH

Map v10.40 is the latest you have. It was released this month. See the announcement here

I think you are referring to TomTom HOME, v2.20 is the latest one.

Regards
    Vikram
    So I have downloaded the latest map (1040) and the latest TomTom Home version (v2.20). Why does my Carminat system in my car not accept this?
    edited December 2019
    @HajoH

What does the system say? Does it not recognise the card?

Regards
    Vikram
    when I put the SD card in the built in Carminat system of my car I see the normal hour glass, but after a while the screen turns black and the systems starts up again with the hour-glass. This goes on and on.
  • frdsmfrdsm Posts: 26 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I had the same problem. After a number of iterations my Carminat Live loaded correctly.
    Hi @HajoH

The hourglass problem gets sorted when you restore the device because the process loads a fresh application along with a new map.

At this point, I would suggest that you get in touch with the car dealer.

Regards
    Vikram
  • Megane_GTLineMegane_GTLine Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited December 2019
    You can give it a try to remove the loopback.ex3 file in the loopdir folder. Worked for me. After the card/map is recognized you have to set your home location again by the navigation menu (because this information will be capt into that file).

Another thing you can try is to "reset" your navigation:
    1. Keep the car running while remove the SD-Card and turn off the radio.
    2. Turn off your car completely (power off the engine, get out of the car, lock doors).
    3. Insert the SD-Card and turn on the radio (not the car)
    4. Wait until the system is back up and running.

Steps above will also work if the TMC traffic information give problems.