TOMTOM START 25 Wont turn off — TomTom Community

TOMTOM START 25 Wont turn off

After doing updates for maps , it stated the map i have is corrupt after several attemts it was still shwing No maps << and now it shows Updating << dont not disconnect your device well its ben running for hours and now it wont turn off >

Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    Disconnect and reconnect the device.
  • RitzyRitzy Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    trust me ive tried that it was been disconnected all day and its still on running with same message <<<< Updating << don not disconnect your device
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    Might you have a wirewall or antivirus interfering with proper transmission?

Also, perhaps trying to reboot the computer without the device attached after closing MyDriveConnect. Then open MDC and reconnect.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,750 Moderator
    Hi @Ritzy

Welcome to the Community! As dhn mentioned above, security software’s on the computers may block the update. I would advise you to follow the steps in the link here to redownload the US map on your device.

If possible, try to use a hardwired connection, WiFi may work but can be slow and then cause a Time-Out. Even if the download or installation appears to stop or freeze, keep it connected for 4 hours, then check if the download has been completed.

Regards, lampard