New TomTom GO Navigation App (Android) - Page 8 — TomTom Community

New TomTom GO Navigation App (Android)

Comments

• AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    If it is on hold where is this coming from???

7bimrnbbb1nx.png

Like I said I do not know if it is a Beta version or one that can be downloaded.

I have sent a email to TomTom for answers and have not received any info from them.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,725
    Community Manager
    edited March 5
    @Asprin 2.0.7 is the regular version.

P.S.: I don't see any email under the account you are using on our forum.
    @Jürgen,

So is the app on hold or not?

If newer version are coming out and TomTom is saying it is on hold.

What is the real story here?????

As for email I do not use my real name here........

Still today under my real name and email address nothing........

Is the truth being held in isolation like the coronavirus.......??????

It is time for straight answers Jürgen........

That is not hard to do read all the posts here user's wanting answers.

I have let my renewal run out.
    Back to my stand alone GPS unit from Garmin which is always working........
    Community Manager
    The rollout is on hold, not updates to the app for those who have it.
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 247 [Exalted Navigator]
    Dear Asprin:

Ever thought of using paragraphs?

A paragraph is a self-contained unit of a discourse in writing dealing with a particular point or idea. A paragraph consists of one or more sentences. Though not required by the syntax of any language, paragraphs are usually an expected part of formal writing, used to organize longer prose. Wikipedia.

I see no evidence of any TomTom or Corona Virus "conspiracies". Oh, and, enjoy your Garmin. Me? I'm standing by. TT has addressed my concerns here and directly by email. I doubt I will die in the meantime because of TT or CV.
    edited March 5
    OK Jürgen,
    If the New TomTom Go is on hold then why not just open the "TomTom Navigation" app to the global market? It has been updated on a regular bases. It is a working version for the South American market. It apears to be a clone of the New TomTom Go that has been out for sometime now. Or better to say the New Tomtom Go is a clone of the "TomTom Navigation" which is already using the NDS format.

See link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomtom.gplay.navapp.nds

Ditching the New Tomtom Go altogether would save a lot of time.

@schneidernet,

Making comments about other user's grammar. Is that the best you can do???

Who's talking "conspiracies" here??? Come on mate what kind of answer it that.
  • KomarekKomarek Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    @schneidernet
    English is a second language for many of us.
    More forbearance pls <3
  • JvdZJvdZ Posts: 77 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Could be me, but I would think that with the issue raised by @schneidernet , the language is irrelevant nor any comments are made about grammar, but merely the formatting of the answer. It is hard to read posts with all these separate lines.. that's all!
    oh ... and for me this is also a second/third language and not my mother-tongue . ;)
    (back on topic) As to the update-mess of the New Android App: I made it clear what I think about it in this post: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1696019#Comment_1695112

Jos
  • BMWarlockBMWarlock Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    My iPad Tomtom maps have now updated along with my Go 610 but my Android device, the one I use most, is still stuck on 1040. Are those of us still using the 1.18.1 Android app now stuck in a "time warp" until Tomtom gets it's act together? If that is the case it's very worrisome since this great update saga has now been dragging on for months.
    Community Manager
    BMWarlock wrote: »
    My iPad Tomtom maps have now updated along with my Go 610 but my Android device, the one I use most, is still stuck on 1040. Are those of us still using the 1.18.1 Android app now stuck in a "time warp" until Tomtom gets it's act together? If that is the case it's very worrisome since this great update saga has now been dragging on for months.
    The 10.45 maps for GO Mobile are taking a bit longer than expected but they are coming.
    edited March 10
    Version 2.0.7 available on APKMirror. I took the PlayStore version on my tablet a few days ago. Not my daily driver so nothing struck me as being different. Ver. 2.0.* got new maps about the same time. Still a chore to update 56 U. S. maps. Cannot "Select All". Must individually select all 56 but it won't let you select them all at once. Must return and try again three to four times. Plus, several fail so you must retry them.

Sixteen days until my 1.18.1 subscription expires. Have no clue what happens then.
    Still a chore to update 56 U. S. maps. Cannot "Select All".
    As one famous president would say: "Yes you can!". Just press the "left bottom 3 dots" button on the "Downloaded Maps" screen and select "Update All". ;-)

Jos
    Well darn. I guess it's a not see the forest for the trees thing.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,165 [Revered Voyager]
    Speaking of updates, has anyone seen any recent NDS map updates? They used to appear on Mondays but I haven't seen any since February 24. I have GO Navigation v1.7.4 and not v2 (because v2 can not co-exist with GO Mobile) and perhaps that is a factor.
    tgold wrote: »
    Speaking of updates, has anyone seen any recent NDS map updates?
    There is one available today for me. :)
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,165 [Revered Voyager]
    JvdZ wrote: »
    Thanks. And from the sizes it looks like they are sending out all of the whole maps from scratch.

Thanks. And from the sizes it looks like they are sending out all of the whole maps from scratch.

You're right. Huge. I'm showing 10gb coming down. I don't think the U. S. was much over 5gb before.
    Lasted two days on 2.0.7:

Pros:
    Maps seemed crisp and nice but bland.
    You can now select all of a regions maps.
    Personal POIs can still be side-loaded.

Cons:
    Giant green sign board still blocks current track on screen.
    Samantha started stuttering. The was the 2.0.7 game over for me.

Back to 1.18.1 as I must work tomorrow.

Anyone know the file structure for 2.0.*? Pulled my SD Card to force 2.0.7 to Main Memory. \android\data\com.tomtom.gplay.navapp is pretty much empty. Can't even figure out where it downloaded the 11gb maps to. Added a \pois directory to \files but it doesn't read them. Worked fine when installed to SD card.

Ideas?
  • iojiioji Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    If it has room in internal memory, it will install in internal memory but you won't have access to it, probably only with root. I copied some stuff to my internal memory to fill it up and force TomTom to install on sd card where i have access to the files and i can change the voice witch is horrible for my country.
    Yep your right. If installed to Main Memory, it installs to /system/data/data that is locked down so /pois can't be added or accessed. Move it back to SD Card, /pois can be added to data/files/files and POIS appear in My Places. Had to give up root as my minders don't allow it.

Keep wondering if there is some sort of ADB command that will allow the directory to be pushed.
    Still a chore to update 56 U. S. maps. Cannot "Select All".
    As one famous president would say: "Yes you can!". Just press the "left bottom 3 dots" button on the "Downloaded Maps" screen and select "Update All". ;-)

Jos

On updates it works but for the first install it doesn't for the U.S. for the three sates with two regions it does. You can select all of two choices. So one push is saved but needs an extra push to get there. Oh well, it is what it is.

• Steen-thSteen-th Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    The rollout is on hold, not updates to the app for those who have it.

Please do not rush to restart the rollout!!!!!

Primary reason for choosing TomTom (over eg, Here and others) is the possibility to plan my motorcycle trips in details on the Mydrive web-pages.

The lack of sync between Mydrive (routes, POI etc.) and TT navigation will be a deal breaker!

I never had issues with maps being outdated, so weekly maps updates has the priority "Z" (from A - Z). Maintaining the functionality I have today is priority "A".

I really do hope you listen to the "voice of the customer", and not least - act accordingly.

BR Steen
    edited March 31
    I voted with my feet today. Bought a Garmin DriveSmart 65 with Alexa. My subscription expired and wouldn't let me run 1.18.1 anymore. Last week 2.0.7 turned into neighborhood with a locked back gate to where it wanted to take me. Took awhile to get back on track. Then departing it took me down an unpaved dead-end road. Gave up and had Google save me.

And Garmin still supports personal POIS.

All good things must come to an end I guess.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0