New TomTom GO Navigation App (Android) - Page 7 — TomTom Community

New TomTom GO Navigation App (Android)

Comments

• Bino92Bino92 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited February 13
    hello,

i'm in France and using french language, Is there a maner to join the beta testing of version 2.0 ?
  • LesmahagowLesmahagow Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Quite interestingly the yearly subscription fee has been reduced for the new version by around 35 %. I wonder what happens, if I extend my current subscription and then will be updated/upgraded to the new version ? Will I get a refund (my renewal is already overdue) ? Not that price is the key buying decision here, but that is another area of unclarity. BTW, subscriptions will be renewed automatically with the new version unless you change that proactively.
  • MJJBMJJB Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Lesmahagow wrote: »
    Quite interestingly the yearly subscription fee has been reduced for the new version by around 35 %. I wonder what happens, if I extend my current subscription and then will be updated/upgraded to the new version ? Will I get a refund (my renewal is already overdue) ? Not that price is the key buying decision here, but that is another area of unclarity. BTW, subscriptions will be renewed automatically with the new version unless you change that proactively.

The 1.18 version is still shows the same annual price for me.
  • SialorSialor Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yesterday I saw what the card has, a red label appeared with the number 41 (I travel often and far) which meant that I had to go into each section of the map 41 times and start the update by hand.
    Oh. my God!!!
    And so it will be necessary to do every week !?
    Why didn’t you do the button to update all sections at once !?
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 248 [Exalted Navigator]
    edited February 17
    That's a great question. Made me think I should renew early but 2.0.5 won't let me renew until a week before it expires. Would hate to be on a long trip at renewal time and not be able to renew.

Nope, read some more. Renewal of 1.18.1 is not allowed. Must update to 2.0.5 and then "auto-renewal" will be available. Current subscription will migrate automatically.

Interesting that my 1.18.1 is different than MJJB's

myg6pjutofgp.png
    I have since tried a trial of Sygic as an alternative as recommended by kyurloityuitg. But you CANNOT turn off 'Car Pool Lanes / HOV' Lanes. Since I have a few HOV roadways in my vicinity Sygic will most often take you to these (highway) lanes as they are always less congested than the 'regular' lanes especially during rush hour. For this reason alone I cannot recommend Sygic as it diverts you 'to traffic' when you are a single occupant in the car. If you don't have HOV on your travels and would like to use Sygic it seems to otherwise work well for routing around traffic.

edited February 17
    I have never been updated from 1.18 schneidernet although I have been notified a dozen or so times in late 2019 that it is coming but not recently. There has been no notification that the update to 2.xx has been delayed here (Canada) either and it is still available as 1.18.1 in the Play Store.

Currently there is no discount for me as the following is the regular price for Canada.
    8ig1zpgc242r.jpg
  • AstrowandererAstrowanderer Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Just found out about the incompatability of TomTomGo :'(

Having spent a lot of time sorting out routes on line expecting them to be synched to Tomtom Go.

Sorry who ever said "You and every one else knows when some new change in an app comes along there will be problems." is sooo out of touch with the modern world of commercial IT. If a bank took that attitude ... well look at the history of Santander mess.

But because we are not banking financially with TomTom we do not matter? We invest our time and subscriptions in TomTom and this is how they rewards us. I think the future of tomtom apps is very shaky - perhaps they will become the betamax of navigation apps.

A professional company would simply not release software updates without thoroughly testing first for functionality, and compatibility with platforms and other applications because they value their customer base.
    MJJB wrote: »
    I have never been updated from 1.18 schneidernet although I have been notified a dozen or so times in late 2019 that it is coming but not recently. There has been no notification that the update to 2.xx has been delayed here (Canada) either and it is still available as 1.18.1 in the Play Store.

Currently there is no discount for me as the following is the regular price for Canada.
    8ig1zpgc242r.jpg

TT 2.0.? is/was a rollout, it seems random, to some users in the U.S. it came, to me, as a regular update. I was not happy for reasons previously stated. I also agree with most others here that have concerns. Both the latest of 1 and 2 are available on APK Mirror. They can be downloaded and side-loaded. So if a user wants to test or go back that is their choice. I went back but am nagged to update every time I run it and nagged every time I have updates through the PlayStore. The problem with 1 is continued map updates but I don't know when they will stop. My subscription runs out 3/26 and I can't renew it. You don't have the option to continue using it. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I have yet to find an alternative. I have been with TT for so long it is hard to love something else. I tried 2.0.5 last weekend as it on my tablet. Better than 2.0.1 but no match for 1.18.1.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a new but IMPROVED TT.
  • RGM71RGM71 Posts: 377 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    In Dutch Play Store, this week some TT employees wrote that at the moment it is unknown when the new app will rollout 100%. The apparent reason for this: some bugs that have to be fixed first.
  • KomarekKomarek Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    RGM71 wrote: »
    In Dutch Play Store, this week some TT employees wrote that at the moment it is unknown when the new app will rollout 100%

Some wrote the new TT nds app would be withdrawn very soon.
    It seems they are totally helpless.

tapatalked
    verstuurd vanaf mijn oneplus
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,725
    Community Manager
    We have put the rollout on hold for now but the new app will not be withdrawn.

In the meantime we are listening to feedback that we are receiving both, here on TomTom Discussions as well as on Google Play.
  • AstrowandererAstrowanderer Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Sounds like the IT guys are in melt down. I look forward to receving compensation for loss of full use of my Go App
  • KomarekKomarek Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    but the new app will not be withdrawn.

That's nice to hear, Jurgen.
    Apart from an app TT has serious communication and PR problem.

tapatalked
    verstuurd vanaf mijn oneplus
    If so:

Why can't we unwitting beta testers be returned to 1.18.1? The nags to update are annoying.

Why can't I continue with my side-loaded 1.18.1 past my 3/26 expiration date?

Why can't 1.18.1 and 2.0.? be separate apps on the PlayStore? I don't mind beta testing but also need something user-friendly and stable as my daily driver. Microsoft let people continue with Windows 7 for years.

Yours.
  • ItsMikeEItsMikeE Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    If the new app roll out is on hold, why do I still keep getting these annoying "coming soon" ads
    "Soon" has been several months already
  • fabiofi17fabiofi17 Posts: 47 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    edited February 26
    TomTom developers are so weak compared to other GPS developers (gmaps, waze, Sygic)...
    It seems like if the developers can't do a decent app te release.

This TomTom Navigation app and tomtom Amigo App (that had BIG layout bugs on xiaomi and Huawei devices) are so weak and VERY VERY far from the competitors (old style UI, old style graphics, old style traffic events displaying on the map etc)....

is so frustrating that tomtom developers don't takes the good suggestions from their users....
    Regarding the above. I would not be using TomTom, and I have used most everything else, if TT was not the most well-designed, user-friendly, versatile consumer GPS nav out there I would not have been using it for so many years.

That said, 2.0.? is a disappointment that I hope they wake up, smell the coffee, and fix. I am still 100% in their camp and am rooting for their success.
  • BangkokBangkok Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Awaiting a more stable and likeable V2.0
  • Hwalker2Hwalker2 Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    Typical bad programming. Beta,testing is essential prior to a public release. They did it with TT Amigo so why not with the other Go versions. Silly errors like spaces in post codes not allowed, and only 4 digit post codes. I do understand the problems having programmed BMW sites so they worked with full post codes. Sad that a company like TT is so far behind Google maps when they used to be way in front.
    I am no longer getting the effort to upgrade me to 2.0.5 on my side loaded 1.18.1 on my phone but still get the upgrade nag every time I run it. If I agree, it starts to upgrade but closes. Tried nuking cache, data, and uninstalling but still get the nag but 2.0.5 or whatever fails to install. I guess TT has made some changes.

My subscription expires 03/26. I cannot renew but it no longer redirects me to 2.0.5 or whatever. No changes for 2.0.5 on my tablet.

For my 1.18.1 reinstall from the PlayStore, it was nice to pick the ENTIRE U. S. with one poke. For my tablet with 2.0.5, I had to poke 56 times to get the U. S. updated today.

It appears we are adrift with no land in sight.
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    I do not understand TomTom not giving some type of update.

There is now TomTom GO_v2.0.7 in forums.

Do not know if it is a beta or not.

If they are going ahead with this new TomTom Go then it is time to say something.

I am still with the older version of TomTom Go and would like some type of update from TomTom that would be the professional thing to do.
  • RonaldM01RonaldM01 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Asprin wrote: »
    I do not understand TomTom not giving some type of update
    Are you looking for this information?

In the meantime we are listening to feedback that we are receiving both, here on TomTom Discussions as well as on Google Play.
    RonaldM01 wrote: »
    Asprin wrote: »
    I do not understand TomTom not giving some type of update
    Are you looking for this information?

I thought that was pretty clear.
    edited March 4
    For the U. S. it is still 1.18.1 and 2.0.5. I have both installed on separate devices. APK Mirror has nothing new either.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0