New TomTom GO Navigation App (Android) - Page 7 — TomTom Community

New TomTom GO Navigation App (Android)

123457»

Comments

• Bino92Bino92 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited February 13
    hello,

i'm in France and using french language, Is there a maner to join the beta testing of version 2.0 ?
  • LesmahagowLesmahagow Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Quite interestingly the yearly subscription fee has been reduced for the new version by around 35 %. I wonder what happens, if I extend my current subscription and then will be updated/upgraded to the new version ? Will I get a refund (my renewal is already overdue) ? Not that price is the key buying decision here, but that is another area of unclarity. BTW, subscriptions will be renewed automatically with the new version unless you change that proactively.
  • MJJBMJJB Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Lesmahagow wrote: »
    Quite interestingly the yearly subscription fee has been reduced for the new version by around 35 %. I wonder what happens, if I extend my current subscription and then will be updated/upgraded to the new version ? Will I get a refund (my renewal is already overdue) ? Not that price is the key buying decision here, but that is another area of unclarity. BTW, subscriptions will be renewed automatically with the new version unless you change that proactively.

The 1.18 version is still shows the same annual price for me.
  • SialorSialor Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yesterday I saw what the card has, a red label appeared with the number 41 (I travel often and far) which meant that I had to go into each section of the map 41 times and start the update by hand.
    Oh. my God!!!
    And so it will be necessary to do every week !?
    Why didn’t you do the button to update all sections at once !?
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 176 [Exalted Navigator]
    edited February 17
    That's a great question. Made me think I should renew early but 2.0.5 won't let me renew until a week before it expires. Would hate to be on a long trip at renewal time and not be able to renew.

Nope, read some more. Renewal of 1.18.1 is not allowed. Must update to 2.0.5 and then "auto-renewal" will be available. Current subscription will migrate automatically.

Interesting that my 1.18.1 is different than MJJB's

myg6pjutofgp.png
    I have since tried a trial of Sygic as an alternative as recommended by kyurloityuitg. But you CANNOT turn off 'Car Pool Lanes / HOV' Lanes. Since I have a few HOV roadways in my vicinity Sygic will most often take you to these (highway) lanes as they are always less congested than the 'regular' lanes especially during rush hour. For this reason alone I cannot recommend Sygic as it diverts you 'to traffic' when you are a single occupant in the car. If you don't have HOV on your travels and would like to use Sygic it seems to otherwise work well for routing around traffic.

edited February 17
    I have never been updated from 1.18 schneidernet although I have been notified a dozen or so times in late 2019 that it is coming but not recently. There has been no notification that the update to 2.xx has been delayed here (Canada) either and it is still available as 1.18.1 in the Play Store.

Currently there is no discount for me as the following is the regular price for Canada.
    8ig1zpgc242r.jpg