New TomTom GO Navigation App (Android) - Page 12 — TomTom Community

New TomTom GO Navigation App (Android)

167891012»

Comments

• walkerxwalkerx Posts: 281 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Mine has just froze while travelling, had low mobile signal but as offline it should still route and display based on GPS.

While it had froze it had locked audio to a low volume and thus couldn't increase it so background music was very low as soon as I exited the app (when managed to find a parking place) the audio was back to normal.
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 246 [Exalted Navigator]
    For me, Samantha would start stuttering and then the video would freeze. Seemed to always do it close to arrival really messing me up, like in missing the destination.
  • DaveC4DaveC4 Posts: 5 [Novice Seeker]
    Another on here fuming at the loss of mu POI files.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 13,112
    Superusers
    DaveC4 wrote: »
    Another on here fuming at the loss of mu POI files.
    For my needs I have found the App Pin Poi. With it I can search my poi and send them to different apps. I can send them to MyDrive,TT Navigation or GoggelMaps
    to Info of the App
  • MrGainMrGain Posts: 34 [Master Explorer]
    Hi,

Big mistake, went for the upgrade, all my pois gone. As usual with TomTom upgrades usually have a retrograde step, it's almost as if their programmers only use public transport.

I've managed to restore TomTom GO Navigation App 1.18.1 + patches, pois all back to normal.
    I followed a bit of a covoluted route hunting for and downloading an APK of TomTom GO Navigation App 1.18.1 + patches.

I'm not enough of a literal IT Smith to list the steps required to re-install version 1.18.1, but I'm sure someone in the community can do it..........

Cheers
  • JvdZJvdZ Posts: 77 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    edited August 9
    It is almost "amusing" to see the correlation between the number of complaints increase in this forum and the presumably "next wave release" of the new crippled version.
    All these complains have be discussed soooo many times now here and TomTom doesn't seem to give a damn about it and simply steamrolls on with the staggered release, simply ignoring all these complains or promising it will be implemented. News flash: It was already implemented in to previous version so why even consider this would be acceptable to release an up(/down)grade without them?
    It is sad to see a wonderful product like this go (temporarily I hope) go down the drain like this.
    See my previous posts when you want to know how I really feel about this release! ;)
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1702492#Comment_1702492
  • MrGainMrGain Posts: 34 [Master Explorer]
    Lost POI functionality workaround.

There is an other option other than reloading 1.18.1 to restore saved poi functionality;
    Use POI Pocket. Load up your poi groups and off you go.

Just takes a bit of getting used to opening POI Pocket rather than TomTom at the start of a journey to a personal poi and POI Pocket let's you choose which nav' app to choose.

Cheers.

• schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 246 [Exalted Navigator]
    True but not as elegant as before.
  • JutuizJutuiz Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited August 10
    I'm a long time TT user, since last year with Android app.

3 weeks back we went on a roadtrip through France. Crossing -the border the app refused to work...

You all know what happened. TT rolled out the long awaited update in the midts of the holidays. Which meant also the maps were outdated and a few Gb had to downloaded through 4G (is not hapening) or via Wifi (not available with enough bandwidth in none of the houses or hotels we went to).

So I did the whole trip on Waze instead of TomTom.

Well done TT, don't forget to congratulate the client ignoring idiot that decided to roll out the update during the holiday season. If he or she is not a director already, you should probably make him one. #sarcasm
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,559
    Superuser
    Hi @Jutuiz

Had the App got the France map on it that covered the area you were in. If its like the IOS App when you download the App for the first time it only downloads the map of the area it believes you are in. So in the case of UK it downloads 1 of the 4 maps that you need to cover the whole of the UL.

Doug
    edited August 10
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Jutuiz

Had the App got the France map on it that covered the area you were in. If its like the IOS App when you download the App for the first time it only downloads the map of the area it believes you are in. So in the case of UK it downloads 1 of the 4 maps that you need to cover the whole of the UL.

Doug

Thx, I understand. But I needed like 3 maps of the 5 maps to download, crossing half of France the first day:
    - northeast
    - northwest
    - mid-france

The problem is that hotel-wifi in France can be so limited that the app never manages to update the whole of the maps in one or two nights of stay. And my 4G was also limited. I presume hotel and bed&breakfast owners limit the up- and download capacity for their guests to prevent that everyone syncs his photo- and video material overnight.

As Android user we've been receiving on screen messages like "Oh wait, the new app is coming" late 2019. So many times that it became boring. And then, half a year later, without any warning the app gets updated overnight.

At the worst possible moment.

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,559
    Superuser
    Hi @Jutuiz

I imagine it may be the same with the Android App but on the IOS app you also have an European ferry Crossings file. It may seem odd but for example in Denmark you need that file on the phone as well as otherwise the routing will not work because of some bridges across water. So it is essential that you get all the maps you are like;y to need before you go.

Doug
    edited August 10
    I imagine it may be the same with the Android App but on the IOS app you also have an European ferry Crossings file. It may seem odd but for example in Denmark you need that file on the phone as well as otherwise the routing will not work because of some bridges across water.

Indeed, there exists a same file for France, but I did not need it.
    So it is essential that you get all the maps you are like;y to need before you go.

This is exactly the point. If TT decides to change overnight without warning on beforehand, then we are de pineut (screwed in Dutch).
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0