New TomTom GO Navigation App (Android) - Page 11 — TomTom Community

New TomTom GO Navigation App (Android)

Comments

• petakpetak Posts: 24 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    RonaldM01 wrote: »
    petak wrote: »
    Do you really want to update after everything you've read above for the new (2.x) version :-)))
    Call me stubborn but I have downloaded 2.1.1 from apk mirror two weeks ago. Taking a risk downloading this illegally (malware), all comments about the new version and my very good experience with TomTom made me curious. I have been using it as daily driver and I can not find any issues with it. Graphics and colors are nice and clear. Responsiveness is fine, and most importantly it brings me where I want to go. All previous settings and favorites where migrated. Hope there is a moment to officially download it. I am not really a fan of using apk files this way.

Does it sync with MyDrive? Because many apps take you where you wanna go. The thing that makes Go somewhat unique (well, in a limited group :-) is its ability to automatically sync and guide you along routes you've created online.
  • RonaldM01RonaldM01 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Never used this option, so I have to check
  • Andy_BushmanAndy_Bushman Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    One thing I noticed the other week is that driving on the Motorway I was taken off the motorway only to be taken back on again, no traffic.

This was going south on the M1 at junction 7and 8 I was taken off at St Alban's and then taken back driving parallel with the motorway.
  • JanwillemJanwillem Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    After upgrade to 2.1.1, the program hangs on startup. My phone is Samsung SM A310F (Android 7.0). On my older phone, Samsung SM300FU (android 6.0.1) it works perfectly as on my tablet SM T700 (Android 6.0.1). I have tried, I think, everything including factory reset but to no avail.
    Pleas give me a useful suggestion, thanks!
  • anderson24anderson24 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    One thing I noticed the other week is that driving on the Motorway I was taken off the motorway only to be taken back on again, no traffic.

This has been happening to me for the last few years. I regularly drive up to Scotland, and I'm taken off the M6 at a junction (sorry, can remember the number) only to be told to take the first exit straight back onto the same Motorway it just told me to get off.
  • fjrnorfjrnor Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Hi, routes from MyDrive are finally available in the app again, fantastic :)
  • JvdZJvdZ Posts: 77 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    fjrnor wrote: »
    Hi, routes from MyDrive are finally available in the app again, fantastic :)
    Yea , now just the "Send Destination" from MyDrive working again and we are nearly back to where we were before this update story started.

• KomarekKomarek Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Komarek wrote: »
    lampard wrote: »
    We have now started proceeding with the rollout to the new GO Navigation app using build 2.1.0

Which countries?

tapatalked
    verstuurd vanaf mijn oneplus

I'm sorry to bother you again, but is it really so difficult to check it out?
    Maybe my question is awkward or impolite to you, my appologies.

tapatalked
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,989 Moderator
    Hi there,

The GO Navigation app version 2.2.1 is now rolled out to small number of users with the addition of route sync feature. The app rollout will increase in the coming days to cover more users which is random for now.
    We have now started proceeding with the rollout to the new GO Navigation app using build 2.1.0
    Which countries?tapatalked
    Maybe my question is awkward or impolite to you, my appologies. tapatalked
    GO Navigation app is not available in Russia, Turkey, Morocco, and Chile for now.

Regards, lampard
  • Dale1ukDale1uk Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited July 7
    Hi there,

The GO Navigation app version 2.2.1 is now rolled out to small number of users with the addition of route sync feature. The app rollout will increase in the coming days to cover more users which is random for now.
    Which countries?tapatalked
    Maybe my question is awkward or impolite to you, my appologies. tapatalked
    GO Navigation app is not available in Russia, Turkey, Morocco, and Chile for now.

Regards, lampard

I've received the 2.2.1 update today however I'm experiencing a few issues:

The time of arrival is constantly 1hr behind. For example if the correct time is 8am and I have a 2hr hr journey, instead of saying I'd arrive at your 10am it says I'll arrive at 9am. My phone time and timezone are set to automatic, however even if setting them manually the arrival time stays 1hr behind.

The route time remaining intermittently changes from the correct remaining time to time 26hrs then almost immediately returns back to normal. This reduces as the journey goes on.

Device is a Samsung Galaxy Note 3

ew0koszwa4ev.jpg

Thanks for your reply.
    I dwell on a subject cause I'm on the buisiness trip in Vroclaw (Poland) and GO Navigation app is not available in Play store in this country for now.
    I can download only 1.18.1 old version.
    Regards.

tapatalked
    Hi there @Dale1uk

Welcome to the Community! The first issue about the ETA being 1 hour behind is already known to the team and we would like some more details about the route you planned. Please provide us with the start and endpoint of the route.

The 2nd one (route time remaining), does this happen every time when you use the app? Please provide us with more information as this was spotted earlier by our team but it wasn't reproducible to test.

Best, lampard
    Hi @Komarek

The app is only available for a few numbers of users and this may be the reason behind the unavailability of the app in the Polish play store. Once the app is released for all, I'll post back here, and then you can check again.

Best, lampard
    @lampard thanks for a quick reply.
    I'll be back in NL next month so I'll try to upgrade app at home.
    Regards

tapatalked
  • StefaanBStefaanB Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    When will it be possible to see the imported waypoints (imported via ov2 file) in the TomTom go app? This is why I use the TomTom app, it's very important when I travel and use the app.
  • Crusader3020Crusader3020 Posts: 15 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited July 11
    I received the update notice so I've just installed the new version of TomTom Go and My Drive on my Tablet and 2nd phone S7 Active. All works great (I'm not installing it on my primary phone yet)
    BUT I'm wondering if Routes planned in My Drive will ever show the included waypoints/stops when it shows in the Go App?
    E.g. I've planned a 4 day tour of my home state and in the route setup in My Drive (on my tablet, easier because of the bigger screen) I've (theoretically) stopped at a whole number of places that are of interest to me be it whatever, they're stops of some sort and critical to the journey. But they certainly don't show in the Go App - it's just a continuous track.
    So what's the point of doing anything at all in My Drive or am I missing something here.
    Thanks
    Larry
  • ml138ml138 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Just received the latest update (v2.2.1/20.1(3347)) and soon noticed that Address/POI Search does not work at all with mobile connection. With WiFi connection the search works fine. After some testing found out that Search *does* work but only if I choose the 2ndary SIM (SIM2) as mobile data provider on my double-SIM phone. Going back to primary SIM (SIM1) disables the Search functionality although the phone is otherwise performing fine with fast mobile data connection. Can be a bit awkward at times having to switch between SIM cards just to enable Search - but can be lived with for the time being.
    Cheers,

--
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    Android 10 w/ July patch
  • Dale1ukDale1uk Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi there @Dale1uk

Welcome to the Community! The first issue about the ETA being 1 hour behind is already known to the team and we would like some more details about the route you planned. Please provide us with the start and endpoint of the route.

The 2nd one (route time remaining), does this happen every time when you use the app? Please provide us with more information as this was spotted earlier by our team but it wasn't reproducible to test.

Best, lampard

Hi,

Both issues are happening for every journey, regardless of if I'm travelling to one of my saved "My Places" or if I manually enter a postcode.

Here's some screenshots from today showing both issues being present

bla7ey6ghi86.jpg

lcgrb3344fgb.jpg

This route was from UK postcode TD9 0LB to DG5 4QJ

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 13,103
    Superusers
    edited July 15
    Hi there @Dale1uk

Just for information: An aother User in the German Forum with the same problem.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/1124948/falsche-ankunftszeit
  • Andy_BushmanAndy_Bushman Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I've noticed on the new Go there is no power saving option and as a result my battery is getting drained even while charging.

The old help about power saving is at http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/GO_Mobile_app_for_iPhone/html/en-us/Powersaving-Izmir.htm#:~:text=Select Settings in the Main,life of your mobile device.
  • WvanMierloWvanMierlo Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I recently updated to the newest version (2.2.2), however I can't get the maps to be installed on the SDCard instead of internal memory. The SDCard has ~ 13 GB space free, internal memory only has 2 GB of space free. I already tried to stop the app, delete the cache and storage, uninstall the app and reinstall the app, but still it only wants to install the maps to the internal memory.
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 281 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    I've tried sending a route via MyDrive and it is not working - running 2.2.2 release /20.1 (3357)
  • miki_MBmiki_MB Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    edited July 31
    Some routing mistakes in Bratislava:

8r8isg0h8pdx.jpg
    m78kvo8e4iyb.jpg

You should exit on the right side, not via roundabout...

Mistakes in Belgrade:

6ergjw08jrqo.jpg
    fozbn9vndxhj.jpg

You should continue straight on, not turning right.

Thx,
  • WvanMierloWvanMierlo Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    WvanMierlo wrote: »
    I recently updated to the newest version (2.2.2), however I can't get the maps to be installed on the SDCard instead of internal memory. The SDCard has ~ 13 GB space free, internal memory only has 2 GB of space free. I already tried to stop the app, delete the cache and storage, uninstall the app and reinstall the app, but still it only wants to install the maps to the internal memory.

I tried to install version 2.1.0 through APKmirror and this version is able to install maps on the SDCard. Also tried the APKmirror version of 2.2.2 and this doesn't want to install the maps on the SDCard. So I guess it is a bug that somewhere crept in between 2.1.0 and 2.2.2. Android version is 8.1.0.
  • ml138ml138 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    ml138 wrote: »
    Just received the latest update (v2.2.1/20.1(3347)) and soon noticed that Address/POI Search does not work at all with mobile connection. With WiFi connection the search works fine. After some testing found out that Search *does* work but only if I choose the 2ndary SIM (SIM2) as mobile data provider on my double-SIM phone. Going back to primary SIM (SIM1) disables the Search functionality although the phone is otherwise performing fine with fast mobile data connection. Can be a bit awkward at times having to switch between SIM cards just to enable Search - but can be lived with for the time being.
    Cheers,

--
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    Android 10 w/ July patch

Just updated to v2.2.3/20.1(3367) - problem still persists.
    Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0