TomTom Home fails to install new maps on 2014 Mazda CX5 — TomTom Community

TomTom Home fails to install new maps on 2014 Mazda CX5

schmiegschmieg Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
With the recent update of TomTom Home, it tells me that my 2014 CX5 has a map update and attempts to download it. The download appears very fast, then halts for a while, then the bar goes backward, then it sits for a while. It will then try to install the map and return a message "This file is invalid (archive file)" at which point it fails completely. This only started with the recent software update. The Nav system in the car seems to be working fine, but I just paid for a renewed subscription and I would like to get the most current maps. I have uninstalled and reinstalled TomTom Home several times. On the last one, I also deleted all of the data files on the computer so they could be rebuilt, but that made no difference. I have TomTom Home allowed to access the internet in Windows Defender Firewall and have given TomTom.com full access through Malwarebytes. I have disabled Malwarebytes and that made no difference. I am at a loss on this end. Can someone please help?

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Hi @schmieg

We have received some reports about a similar error through our customer service as well.

I would recommend that you contact the customer service so your device information gets added to the ticked ( under investigation).

Regards
    Vikram
  • schmiegschmieg Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    How do I contact Customer Service? Every time I hit Contact on the website, I receive a question as to what kind of device I have, but with no option to answer it and nothing to click on - just a dead end.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,870
    Superuser
    edited December 2019
    Hi @schmieg

Customer Support.

United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST

Doug