can ANYONE explain to me, how to import poi's to my via 1525m via MyDrive Connect? — TomTom Community

can ANYONE explain to me, how to import poi's to my via 1525m via MyDrive Connect?

Travelingman00Travelingman00 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
I downloaded SC rest area POI's (OV2 format) to my computer via TomTom website. Went to MyDrive on my computer and MyDrive Connect on my device (VIA 1525M). Attempted to import the POI on MyDrive (computer) and got the quick "swirly" loading icon (thingy) and noticed that the rest area POI (only 4 KB) was listed under the POI listing om MyDrive, but it does not appear under "My Places" on my device as the website says it should! Looks as if it did nothing! Logged out of my device and relogged back in, thinking, maybe, the device needed to be 'rebooted' to accept the import. Still nothing. Relogged back in to both MyDrive and the MyDrive Connect (device) and still no rest area POI's in my device. Can't seem to find a contact number for TomTom anywhere on the Internet. Appears that TomTom does not want to be bothered by us!... Next time, will purchase a Garmin GPS. I've had it with TT, who I've been with for years! Is my VIA 1525M not supported by TomTom for POI's...? Can anyone tell me a physical contact (direct email or phone listing for the US) to which I can use to contact them directly?... Thanks to all...

Best Answers

• Travelingman00Travelingman00 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    YamFazMan and dhn: Thank you both. After sending out my question, I dug a little deeper into the device and "accidentally" discovered that my imported POI was sent to the Rest Area location of 'My Places'. It was not directly under My Places, though! I unintentionally hit the ADD button and then proceeded from there to SEARCH for a category name and that is when ALL of the installed POI's came into view! The Rest Area POI showed up along with he imported POI underneath the category name. I looked up the closest rest area to my location from the imported file and found those closest to me. I then deleted this imported POI file via MyDrive and went back to the device POI's. The imported POI was, indeed, deleted. The device Rest Area category was still there, as it should be, with no reference to the previously imported file. I looked, again, for the closest rest areas to my locale via the device POI and again it found the ones as previously found in the imported file. This told me, that I didn't need the imported file at all. It was already there; but in a different location than mentioned in MyDrive. I originally did not know where to find them, and "assumed" that I had no POI's at all. So, in conclusion, other than a mislocation data reference in MyDrive, I already had the U.S. POI's I need and didn't realize it... Thank you both for responding... Feel a little less miffed at TomTom at this point. Though, I still feel like they are purposefully avoiding taking on direct contact for many device issues. Every contact link always comes back to a forum or FAQ's, not an email or phone contact... Thanks to all and a Merry Christmas as well...

Answers

• Travelingman00Travelingman00 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    YamFazMan and dhn: Thank you both. After sending out my question, I dug a little deeper into the device and "accidentally" discovered that my imported POI was sent to the Rest Area location of 'My Places'. It was not directly under My Places, though! I unintentionally hit the ADD button and then proceeded from there to SEARCH for a category name and that is when ALL of the installed POI's came into view! The Rest Area POI showed up along with he imported POI underneath the category name. I looked up the closest rest area to my location from the imported file and found those closest to me. I then deleted this imported POI file via MyDrive and went back to the device POI's. The imported POI was, indeed, deleted. The device Rest Area category was still there, as it should be, with no reference to the previously imported file. I looked, again, for the closest rest areas to my locale via the device POI and again it found the ones as previously found in the imported file. This told me, that I didn't need the imported file at all. It was already there; but in a different location than mentioned in MyDrive. I originally did not know where to find them, and "assumed" that I had no POI's at all. So, in conclusion, other than a mislocation data reference in MyDrive, I already had the U.S. POI's I need and didn't realize it... Thank you both for responding... Feel a little less miffed at TomTom at this point. Though, I still feel like they are purposefully avoiding taking on direct contact for many device issues. Every contact link always comes back to a forum or FAQ's, not an email or phone contact... Thanks to all and a Merry Christmas as well...
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,057
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Travelingman00
    (Snip)Though, I still feel like they are purposefully avoiding taking on direct contact for many device issues. Every contact link always comes back to a forum or FAQ's, not an email or phone contact... Thanks to all and a Merry Christmas as well...
    Like most commercial companies the links to the various aspects of the Website are a the bottom of the Forum Home Page....

Scroll to the bottom of this page
    From the Support Menu list
    Click 'Contact us'
    Drill down through the appropriate links
    You will eventually get to....

FAQS --- FORUMS ---- EMAIL US---- PHONE US

Or... Click Here for a direct link to 'Contact us'....
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/locale/en_GB
    After Clicking on the Link
    Scroll to the bottom of the new page check your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right) if incorrect click on one of the links and correct

Or... Click on the Email Direct Link...
    http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact_incident/c/4692/p/2986/es/0
    After Clicking on the Link
    Scroll to the bottom of the new page check your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right) if incorrect click on one of the links and correct

Note... You need to be logged into the site for the Email Direct link to work
    Note... If your using Firefox, try a different browser Firefox can be problematic with the Direct Email link

Phone Numbers for Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new/p1

ATB YFM