Just bought a TOMTOM GO PROFESSIONAL 620 — TomTom Community

Just bought a TOMTOM GO PROFESSIONAL 620

Just bought a TOMTOM GO PROFESSIONAL 620 and in 3 days I did 7 routes and my sat nav didn't show me once the correct route, even google maps was more precise than this product. What can I do ??? Why is doing mistakes , that a free soft from internet that I was using is more accurate, even google maps was showing the correct route , and its not designed for trucks! I load some pictures with some examples, the red arrows is the correct route, some casses I have missing streets. hopefully someone from TOMTOM customer care will answer me, because I tried to contact them by email and was impossible.

Answers

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,806
    Superuser
    @Stefan24

1) Have you set your device up with the correct vehicle dimensions and weights? see pages 38/39 of the manual
    2) Emails have a two working day turn round (not weekends :( ) better to phone :-
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • Stefan24Stefan24 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Of course I set the correct vehicle dimensions. If you look at the images that I uploaded you can see that doesn't matter if I drive a lorry or a small car , because it's a footpath with metal post an you can pass. Google maps was showing the correct way
    And thanks for the phone number. I will call them. Today other delivery in Birmingham, again didn't show the correct way, lucky that theyou give us maps with the delivery points
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,420
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @Stefan24

Are you using the 1040 Truck Map ???
    There is a problem with HGV routing for the 1040 Map....
    The Map has been withdrawn, Tomtom are working on a 1041 Map as a replacement
    the previous 10.35 is being offered as a temporary replacement....

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators could allocate a small Map to your Account ???
    By allocating a Small Map to the GO 6200 Pro Truck... You could install the small Map (To keep the device running and avoid the 'No Maps Found' Error) --> Delete the 1040 Truck map --> Install the 1035 Truck Map....

ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,204 Moderator
    @Stefan24

Hi Stefan,

I have activated a smaller map of UK and ROI for your device.

1. Install this version to the internal memory of your device.
    2. Remove Europe map
    3. Once done you can install the Europe map again, this will be v10.30

Our team is working on a fix for this already and the plan is to release v10.41 for the Truck devices soon. I will be updating the announcement once it's out.

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi @VikramK , I updated it and now is showing me I have map version Europe Truck 10.30 , but is still not showing the correct routes. Probably I will return it, and buy something else
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,420
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @Stefan24

Edit... Truck Map v 1030 is the latest Map (Temporary Issue)
    The revised Truck Map v 1041 should be available shortly....

Try a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

Then see if you are offered the Truck Map 1035 to install

ATB YFM