Starting Go from another application — TomTom Community

Starting Go from another application

BarcodeUKBarcodeUK Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Is there a way I could pass an address to GO from another application, please?

Best Answers

Answers

• BarcodeUKBarcodeUK Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you both, it's taken me a while to get back to this project and I'm pleased to say both answers were very useful.
  • SinglePointSafetySinglePointSafety Posts: 18 [Master Explorer]
    I use the 'Sendtogps' app. This allows me to place a 'pin' marker in, say, Google Maps, then via the 'share' button, will send the address/co-ordinates to another navigation app, such as TT GO. This essentially gives the best of both worlds - search (Google is by far the best) and the best navigation app (at the moment) ie TT GO.

As with all of these 'share' apps, you need to check that the correct location has actually been passed through to TT GO, but in my experience, Sendtogps has been pretty good with only an occasional failure, where it moves the intended destination to somewhere nearby
  • SinglePointSafetySinglePointSafety Posts: 18 [Master Explorer]
    Should have added.... haven't tried Sendtogps with the new TT GO app. Given the complaints about the current inability to use custom POIs in the new TT GO app, Sendtogps might prove useful !
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 165 [Exalted Navigator]
    Your custom POIs can be manually copied to the "new" Go app. Just burrow down in Internal or SD card to \Android\data\com.tomtom.gplay.navapp\files\pois and drag them there if saved on your PC or elsewhere if .ov2's. You can also download them from MyDrive and manually copy them.

That said, I've returned to 1.18.1 and can't see returning to 2.0.? soon.

I find the easiest way to load destinations into Go is via DigiCal. Google won't allow "intents" to be passed to Go. DigiCal will. DigiCal will use my Google Calendar. So, a Location I set in my Google Calendar can be clicked on in DigiCal and loaded into Go.

They have a nice Homescreen Widget that shows my daily appointment list. If a location is entered, an clickable icon appears next to the listing. Click and off I go with Go. See the little PIN icon in the screenshot.

1is964r05cty.png

DigiCal here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digibites.calendar