tomtom go profesional 6200 - bags in maps portugal/spain — TomTom Community

tomtom go profesional 6200 - bags in maps portugal/spain

kopnakopna Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, I'm looking for an answer about the device tomtom go profesional 6200. I am a truck driver and I need to have reliable navigation, so I preferred it tomtom go profesional 6200. Everything was fine until I updated the system. After the first tip, I noticed some inaccuracies in the routes. But after each update, the situation got worse. I can't use the system at all. Routes are laid under the signs +3.5 tons and the like.This may be a mistake for the map maker. How to fix it? Regards, Vitaliy

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,881
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @kopna

I believe the problems with the 10.35 map have been realised and so Tomtom have stopped issuing it and are currently only offering map version 10.30 which was the previous version. Unfortunately you are unable to switch back to that version as you only have one map on your device an so do not get an option to delete the current one and reload so you get the old version.

You are due to get a new map which TT hope will resolve this issue and have said that the new map should be available for you to download within the next 2 weeks.

Doug.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,878 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @kopna

I have tried a workaround and allocated the UK and ROI map for your device, could you check for updates and install that map to the internal memory.

Once installed the current v10.35(Europe) and check for updates again, the Europe map which will be offered for download will be v10.30 that should resolve the routing issues.

We are already working on a new map with a fix for this to be released this month.

Regards
    Vikram

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,881
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @kopna

I believe the problems with the 10.35 map have been realised and so Tomtom have stopped issuing it and are currently only offering map version 10.30 which was the previous version. Unfortunately you are unable to switch back to that version as you only have one map on your device an so do not get an option to delete the current one and reload so you get the old version.

You are due to get a new map which TT hope will resolve this issue and have said that the new map should be available for you to download within the next 2 weeks.

Doug.
  • kopnakopna Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @DougLap
    Thanks for the answer! I hope the manufacturer will thoroughly check and correct the errors.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,878 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @kopna

I have tried a workaround and allocated the UK and ROI map for your device, could you check for updates and install that map to the internal memory.

Once installed the current v10.35(Europe) and check for updates again, the Europe map which will be offered for download will be v10.30 that should resolve the routing issues.

We are already working on a new map with a fix for this to be released this month.

Regards
    Vikram
  • kopnakopna Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @VikramK
    Thanks for the answer. I will keep track of the following map updates.
  • wellwishwellwish Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The latest v1041 map should be available for download and install for you. That map should fix the problems in navigation you faced.