How do I disable EV markers on my map? — TomTom Community

How do I disable EV markers on my map?

GeordieTNGeordieTN Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
I don't have an Electric Vehicle, so the charging points are irrelevant and just serve to clutter the map

Best Answer

Answers

• GeordieTNGeordieTN Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Doug, thank you. I knew it should be in there somewhere, but I couldn't find it be searching. Worked like a charm!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,895
    Superuser
    Hi @GeordieTN

Your welcome.

Doug
  • IMAPOIIMAPOI Posts: 27 [Master Traveler]
    hi @GeordieTN
    I too was helped by this...thank you
    Would you know how to disable Charging Station updates...is 63mb...
  • phileckphileck Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I keep getting messages re charging station updates. I don’t want to update them, in fact would prefer to delete this. Just hiding them doesn’t stop the messages.
    Superuser
    Hi @phileck

The only way to stop your unit being offered the EV updates is to contact Customer Support and asking them to change the settings for your unit on the TT servers so they are not offered.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Doug
    I have tried to contact support...
    No luck in the removal on the supreme
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,429
    Superusers
    Hi
    @IMAPOI
    I never bother to install them... During an update I always de-select Charging Station POIs

Stay Safe... AYN YFM
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @IMAPOI
    I never bother to install them... During an update I always de-select Charging Station POIs

Stay Safe... AYN YFM

Morning
    Thanks for this
    I haven't installed charging stations poi on my device.
    I have de-select the update BUT it reappears 4 -5 times a day...i turn off again...it reappears...and so on
    Im just frustrated because I don't have a ev vehicle and I was able to remove from my go520 with the help of @Vladimir
    All I want... is if I turn off the updates....
    It stays off
    Superuser
    Hi @IMAPOI

I seems that the latest models like the Supreme work with EV Poi's differently and as a result it is not possible to stop the Updates like you were able to with the GO520.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,429
    Superusers
    edited October 2020
    Hi
    @IMAPOI
    Are you saying that are you checking the device for updates 4 or 5 times a day ???

Or that the device is displaying the 'Update Pending' splash bar 4 or 5 times a day....

qs98grybwufh.jpg
    When I get a Update Pending Splash bar at the bottom of the screen....
    I place my finger on the Splash Bar and Swipe Down, the Bar Closes and the device operates normally....
    If you place finger on the Splash Bar and Swipe UP the Splash bar expands with more info about the available updates....

Stay safe... ATB YFM