europe map download — TomTom Community

europe map download

stevenpamstevenpam Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
i am trying to download Europe map on tomtom 6200 it was plugged in to power and positioned by router and over 24 hours only 20% of map has downloaded …..what can I do ?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,067
    Superusers
    Hi
    @stevenpam

If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option... (2) Connect over USB

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices normally update using Wi-Fi...

TomTom Video... Updating your navigation device using Wi-Fi®

If you have successfully connected your device to your Wi-Fi....
    To check your Connection Speed, Signal Strength & Quality
    On the Device... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on the Your Wi-fi name (The one Showing as connected)
    A new Menu Page opens

7g8gwfpx1swt.jpg
    On the left-hand side of the screen is your Wi-Fi Connection Status

Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

See Option... (2) Connect over USB

Option... (1) Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note... NAV(5 Wifi) devices connected over Wifi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if myDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

Option... (2) Connected USB
    Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Updating your new NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here.....
    www.tomtom.com/getstarted
    Run MyDrive Connect.....
    Note... The NAV(5 Wifi) devices have no access the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all of the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

Note... MyDrive Connect will only show a "Splash screen" saying "Connect your device using Wifi" etc
    If required you can close the 'Main Mydrive Window' showing the "Connect your device using Wifi" Splash screen... MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC TaskBar

27bxc59f2s23.png
    ATB YFM
  • NickKovalNickKoval Posts: 29 [Master Traveler]
    edited December 2019
    Hi!
    not is installing map Europe, already 6 days not can establish. installation error. damaged card. tomtom 5100. mydriveconnect 4.2.6.3888
    Help meeeee. please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Superusers
    Hi
    @NickKoval

I assume you have a 16GB or 32Gb Micro USB SDHC Card installed
    I think you will need to re-formate the memory card or replace it...

400 MB is considered the bare minimum Free Working Space
    The more Free Space the faster the device will operate
    Check Free Space... Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down to Free Space....

The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now 8.465GB... Also the fact that the MapZones have now also exceed the 8GB of the NAV4 on-board Memory... This is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....

Install a 16GB or 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory Card....
    The Memory Card can only contain Maps or be used to transfer Planned .ITN or .GPX Routes
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card... For the new larger Maps maps you need to install a Branded Class 10 Micro SDHC memory card
    The latest Full Europe Map is 8.465GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless, a 16GB or 32GB is required (32GB is the Max size Class 10 Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)

Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error....
    Tomtom are allocating a small map to install on the on-board Memory of the NAV4 devices, to give access to the Micro SDHC Card Format Option
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device (400 MB is considered the minimum Free Space the more Free Space the faster the device will operate)...
    The smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper' This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

If you wish to just stick with using the internal memory Instead of using a Micro USB Card
    Tomtom have released the Europe map in different Map Cuts (Map zones)... Will any of these new Maps suit your travel requirements ???
    More information Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1660206/#Comment_1660206

ATB YFM
    edited December 2019
    Hi YamFazMan!
    the thing is that I have made many attempts to install the map of Europe and completely and partially on the flash drive and on the device. everything ends up the same with an installation error. it is not installed even on the device card size 4.200, free space 6,168
    there is enough space-the card is not installed. I don't know what else to do
    if I'm not mistaken, I tried to install this card on the device-Europe_East. also installation error
    Tired of all the same ride on a clean field, maybe there is some solution?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,856
    Superuser
    edited December 2019
    Hi @NickKoval

Your GO5100 only has 8gb of Internal Memory. This will have the Operating Software on it and any map you try to load if there is enough space available for the map. If there is not enough space for a map internally then it will look for an Extra Memory card and if fitted and Formatted in the device for Maps it will load the map there if there is enough spare space there.

To fit the European map it is recommended that you fit an Extra memory card ie Micro SD Class 10 size 16 gb or maximum 32gb from a major brand ie Sandisk , Samsung etc. When you fit the card and turn on the GO5100 you should be asked to Format it and do so for Maps. If you are not asked

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Format Card

You say you have 6168 mb free memory , if this is on the internal memory, or the external memory, that is not enough space for the Europe Map.

When you turn the GO5100 on does it display a map and if so which map is it.

If the GO5100 says No Map Found when you turn it on then

Tap Discussion Home ( top of this page)
    Tap Videos
    Tap List of videos drive
    Tap No Map Found video
    Follow video instructions.

Please advise which of the above situations apply so we can try and assist you further.

It is possible that because you have tried many times there is a log jam of downloads on the TT servers which @VikramK can sort out on Monday and advise you what to do.

Doug
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @NickKoval

Does the device Start/Boot-up... Any error messages ???

Does the GO 5100 have ANY WORKING MAP at all installed ???
    if 'Yes' what Map ??? and is it installed on the Internal Memory or Memory card

What size is your memory Card... Is it from a reliable suppler ??
    There are lots Counterfeit/Fake memory cards around

ATB YFM
    Hi DougLap!
    I tell you in order
    Originally there was a map of Germany
    I wanted to put a map of Russia and the CIS countries
    Since the internal memory of the device did not allow you to install the entire map of Europe, I decided to install only part of it, the CIS countries and Russia
    Deleted the map of Germany and ... the device said there was no card and refused to load
    Got into the Internet read what people write, made a reset, updated the firmware, somehow-I do not remember-installed the map of Iraq, the device began to load-OK
    Tried to install the map of Europe partially, the size of about 4 gigabytes, with free about 6. Very long established and ... installation error. I think, probably, not enough memory. I buy a card for 16, 10 class, do full formatting on the computer-long-put the card in the device, offers to format the card-agree-asks the question:"...under that you'll use map", responsible for the storage card OK. On Board almost 16 gigabytes
    I run a full installation of the map of Europe, leave the computer for the night... installation error
    I run a partial installation of Europe, leave the computer for the night... installation error
    I overload a computer, I do not start anything at all, I disconnect anitivirus, a firewall, etc., I start full installation, I leave for the night... session timeout is finished, I pull out I insert a cable... installation error
    I overload a computer, I do not start anything at all, I disconnect anitivirus, a firewall, etc., I start partial installation, I leave for the night... installation error
    The rest of the cards are set without questions or errors, as soon as the question of Europe is concerned, but not put and all.
    Like all in detail described, can that forgot. Maybe did something wrong or have not done something, please tell me
    Thanks
    edited December 2019
    Hi YamFazMan!
    I tried to describe everything in detail in the upper message.
    is there enough information?
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @NickKoval

As you appear to always get an Installation error I would check the Memory Card
    Should be a Branded 16GB or 32GB (Max size) Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory Card....

(1)... I would format the Memory card on your PC to FAT32
    (2)... Then insert the Memory card into your GO 5100
    (3)... The device should recognised the Memory card and offer to format the the Memory card... If the the Memory card is not recognised... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Format memory card

Be Aware...
    Maybe You have a Counterfeit Micro SD Card ???
    There are lots of Videos online... How to identify a FAKE Micro SD Memory Card... Just Google 'Counterfeit Micro SD Cards'

I downloaded the Micro SD Card Test Program 'H2testw' from Softpedia
    It generates and copies 1GB files to the card until the card is full + Checks the Read/Write speed
    Here... https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml
    Note... The program 'H2testw' checked out as Virus free... Using Avast AV & Malwarebytes

program copies 1GB files to the card until the card is full + Checks the Read/Write speed a 16GB card should hold around 14 to 15 of the 1GB files to fill the Card
    The Fake cards have software installed, that fools the PC into repeatedly over writing the data on a much smaller Memory card, giving the impression its much larger than it really is

Luckily all my cards check out OK
    Use the above at your own discretion...

ATB YFM
    The installation error occurs even without a memory card, when installing partial memory on the device. Any map other than Europe is installed on this map.
    One
    Two
    Three
    I've done it all before-I've written it all on top... and in detail
    You must have read it inattentively. Repeat. The first installation was Europe size 4 with something, with free space in the device 6 with something. What does the memory card have to do with it? Forget about it. Imagine that it doesn't exist. It all started with the fact that Europe is not installed in the DEVICE!!! any, absolutely any, card is installed in the device and on the memory card, ANY, except Europe.
    Memory card, on Your advice, of course, check, but I think it will not solve the problem. Since it is put on anything but Europe.
    Here is my screen with the installed cards on the memory card
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1119971/update-issue/
    edited December 2019
    g9hufjzt6xta.png
    g5gderoj2l32.png
    v8nsbwh4pcfd.png
    2sbuyw7aaq21.png
    next was to go the update process, but...
    was updated, now the computer does not see the Navigator, a red cross...
    did the Navigator work out? what should I do with it now? as he already got me...
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,856
    Superuser
    Hi

One other reason for a download not completing is the PC's power settings.

Does this help?

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1676965/#Comment_1676965

Doug
    edited December 2019
    fheh16xopgxm.png
    at the moment it looks like this
    1zntorbf7xu6.png
    edited December 2019
    vcc9zfv6uj37.png
    installation on the device has started
    look at the logs if there is an error

update jumps, reaches 4%, resets to zero, then again 4% and the time changes, then 37min, then 58

I leave the computer for the night, tomorrow we'll see what happened
    edited December 2019
    that's what happened, the installation of the 4.3 GB were doing on the device free memory 6168. Not on the memory card!!!
    vl2a6t5axnn4.png
    whx2qmohta9r.png
    what am I doing wrong?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,709 Moderator
    Hi NickKoval

The problem still looks to be related to connectivity. The installation getting disturbed or blocked due to reasons I mentioned in my earlier comment here

I know this is not the most convenient solutions but would it be possible for you to try the installation on a different computer with a different internet connection.

Regards
    Vikram.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @NickKoval

Re "Download/Installation interrupted".....
    Are your USB ports set for power saving "USB Selective Suspend"

Win7 See... http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html

Win10 See… https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73187-turn-off-usb-selective-suspend-windows-10-a.html
    Click on link and scroll down to "Turn Off USB Selective Suspend"

Also turn off any Screen savers any other Power savers or USB port monitoring software installed

Random Disconnects on Surface Pro 3 & 4
    Do you have or have access to a 'Surface Dock', if so plug your device into a USB port on that. Others have found that to work
    On the Win10 tablets, Microsoft has hidden the "USB Selective Suspend" menu
    You will need to edit the Registry for the USB Selective Suspend menu to show

Laptop users also see Note (1) & (2)
    Note... (1) My Linx 10/10 Win10 Tablet is exactly the same... I had to edit the Registry to activate the advanced setting in the Power Menu
    Note...(2) Recently a User with a Dell XPS 9360 Laptop also exactly the same problem ... he also had to edit the Registry to activate the advanced setting in the Power Menu

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1234855/#Comment_1234855

Also see... Windows 10 Power Settings for Surface Pro devices
    See... https://www.lovemysurface.net/windows-10-power-settings-for-surface/

ATB YFM
    Hi VikramK!
    run the installation on the other computer, new - it is a month old, which has never he has never been anti-virus blockers, etc. The installation lasted from 9.30 to 14.30...
    0% and 38 min
    I just didn't have enough patience, I turned off the computer
    I will continue not today, I do not know when
    Hi YamFazMan!!!
    I'll try, but not today, I'm tired of this Navigator already...
    All happy new year 2020!!!
    I tried installing other large cards, the same story-it is not installed in the device or on the flash drive
    I quit this case, I don't have enough nerves.
    I bought some stupid toy that can't be updated