Start 50 unable to update maps — TomTom Community

Start 50 unable to update maps

Tel999Tel999 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi.
I have a Start 50, code VJ
I have the latest hardware update and latest version of downloader
The Start 50 is seen on my computer and it shows 3 updates available, but when I select them, the graphics just shows the device preparing for download, but never does.
I have lifetime updates
Any suggestions are welcomed.

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,212 Superuser
    Hi @Tel999

Select the updates one at a time. Try that .with any Operating software first then Maps then any others .

Doug
  • Tel999Tel999 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Doug.
    Thank you. I tried one at a time but still sticks at the checking stage with the little circle spinning around.
    I have installed a 32gb micro card and let Tom Tom format it but, no change. I have tried to confirm if the unit is still supported, but am still struggling with that.
    Once again, thanks for your help.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,212 Superuser
    Hi @Tel999

Your device is still supported. See here.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/kw/what tomtom do I have

Maybe @VikramK can have a look at the logs at their end to see if there is something causing a problem. Look back here tomorrow.

Doug
  • Tel999Tel999 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    You are a star.
    Thanks
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,146 Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @Tel999

On the rare occasions I have a problem with myDrive Connect
    I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller then Reinstall MyDrive Connect....
    Using the Method Here...
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1682074/#Comment_1682074

ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,012 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Tel999

Welcome to the community!

Have you got it going with the solution advised by YamFazMan?

I also don't find a device linked to your TomTom account. To check the logs I will need the serial number of your device, you can send it to me through a PM.

Regards
    Vikram