POIs — TomTom Community

POIs

powerpack36powerpack36 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
Anyone having a problem with Foreign addresses appearing under the address?
In a town . Norwich
Poi Catgr. Park and Ride
Selection appears but with Foreign Address, Language on device selected is UK
ct7iw08rcgj6.jpg

Best Answers

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    strange listings :o have you reset the device?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,404 Superusers
    edited December 2
    Hi
    @powerpack36

Have you installed a 3rd party POI Category called 'Park and Ride'
    There isn't a POI Category called 'Park and Ride' in the pre-installed POI Categories on the device....

User Guide TomTom GO PREMIUM & TomTom GO PREMIUM X
    Here... http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_GO_PREMIUM/index.htm

See PDF File of the Manual... Page 58 Pre-installed POI Categories on the device....

ATB YFM
  • powerpack36powerpack36 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @powerpack36

Have you installed a 3rd party POI Category called 'Park and Ride'
    The isn't a POI Category called 'Park and Ride' in the pre-installed POI Categories on the device....

User Guide TomTom GO PREMIUM & TomTom GO PREMIUM X
    Here... http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_GO_PREMIUM/index.htm

See PDF File of the Manual... Page 58 Pre-installed POI Categories on the device....

ATB YFM

I know there is not a Poi for Park and Ride but it does recognise it under the name, it says enter name or Poi, as it would recognise Tesco etc. it Could be a sub Catgr? I am no expert, but I expect I will get an answer Tomorow . I have not reset anything in case I am asked to try something while it is happening.
    it would be interesting to know if anyone else is getting the same results on go premiumX on the search.
    edited December 1
    Sorry to keep this one going,but I have been onto the mapshare page and searched there and it found correctly with english address and shows a Bus stop marker,however searching my sat nav it has no Bus stop Pois ,so its a strange one.this has only started since the update as far as I know.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,460 Superuser
    edited December 2
    Hi @powerpack36

I have tried it on a GO5200 and a GO Camper which have European Maps versions 10.40 and 10.30 respectively and both replicate your result. Based on. Quick Search option search in Norwich it Results in No Addresses found in Left hand column.by the error appears if you scroll down the lefthand column.

I have corrected this Post from my previous version which was wrong.

Doug
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @powerpack36

I have tried it on a GO5200 and a GO Camper which have European Maps versions 10.40 and 10.30 respectively and neither replicate your result. Based on. search in Norwich it Results in No Addresses found in Left hand column.

If you do a Whole Map search for Thickthorn it suggests a number of roads in the left column but shows the Thichthorn Park and ride in the right column with the correct address in English.

Doug

Thanks Doug, not sure whats going on I did a mapshare search and it found it correctly and showed a Bus Stop Icon with the address in English, but there is a glitch somewhere on the Premium X since my last map update.I will hopefully hear tmrw ,thanks everyone.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,374 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @powerpack36

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for reporting this.. I will try this myself and do some testing.

Few questions:

1. Have you observed this behavior only after installing Europe v10.40?
    2. Have you tried the search with just the UK and ROI map installed?
    3. Do you observe this pattern of search results only in the town of Norwich?

Thanks,
    Vikram
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,460 Superuser
    edited December 2
    Hi

I have corrected my previous post here as I have now found the same error happens if you also search Bristol and Ipswich. so there are probably others. This is using Quick search and Step by Step.

The above occur on the European map 10.40 I have. Regarding the UK and Ireland Map version 10.40 or the 10.30 European map the same Park and Ride sites are listed and have the correct address in English..

Doug
    At last ,I thought I was losing the plot!.
    It seems to be random, If search London, Pois Airport, Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
    is Foreign address also terminal2 terminal 3,Terminal5,gatwick,Gatwick North,Gatwick south,Stanstead shows something different again h02r3 0.comh06.
    So in asnwer to question about Pois its affecting name and poi search.
    However I can confirm I used the postwick park and ride search and it did not affect directions in getting to location it worked as normal,only the Addresses appear to be wrongly inputed.
    Hopefully TomTom will get to bottom of it soon.
    Thanks everyong I feel sane again.
    edited December 2
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @powerpack36

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for reporting this.. I will try this myself and do some testing.

Few questions:

1. Have you observed this behavior only after installing Europe v10.40?
    2. Have you tried the search with just the UK and ROI map installed?
    3. Do you observe this pattern of search results only in the town of Norwich?

Thanks,
    Vikram

1:Only after Installing the latest map update,it worked fine before on park and Ride
    2:The search is under Europe maps
    3:It appears in other towns : Poi Search Airports, London, throws up a lot with Foreign addresses ,however Stansted shows Figures h02r3 0.comh06. comment has been made that Ipswich Park and Ride comes up foreign too.
    However I can confirm I used the postwick park and ride (Norwich) search and it did not affect directions in getting to location it worked as normal,only the Addresses appear to be wrongly inputed.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,599 Superuser
    @YamFazMan

Maybe there is a clue here, as MyDrive throws up 4 locations for the same thing
    mapn49k6s0n1.jpg
    They are all with English Names ,the problem in question is they are comming up with foreign Adresses (Russian etc)
    Mapshare and my drive appear to be fine, its the TomTom devices that are showing the error.(Go premiumX is my unit).
    "Thank you"