renault luguna 2011 Carminat Tom tom live — TomTom Community

renault luguna 2011 Carminat Tom tom live

co4th4ng3r_1966co4th4ng3r_1966 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
SAT nav is stuck in a endless cycle of yellow screen with insert card ,remove card and egg timer.. bought he latest version of uk maps hoping to resolve this issue .. But It has not !!597jg61cfzrb.jpg

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,893 Moderator
    Hi @co4th4ng3r_1966,

Welcome to the community!

I would suggest that you try restoring the device using TomTom HOME.

See the steps on this FAQ-https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18349

Regards
    Vikram
  • co4th4ng3r_1966co4th4ng3r_1966 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited December 2019
    Hi Vikram thank you for repliying .. However the sugested link Did Not work ... Tom Tom Home only has windows 8 . My laptop is windows 10 . also tom tom home device up date, dose not .. up date to SD Card … lucky I had made a copy before. also tried to disconnecting the car battery prior to following the link supplied ..
    edited December 2019
    Hi @co4th4ng3r_1966

The steps under Windows 8 also are very much similar to when you try on Windows 10 OS.

(On the FAQ link above)Under Windows 8 - Try steps 1/2/3/4

Now instead of installing contents from the computer check for updates.

Let me know if you get stuck at any point and I can advise you further.

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi Vikram , once again thank for replying I am still having issues after following steps 123 ok.. with Tom Tom home acknowledges the SD Card ..Ejecting the card properly from the computer I go to step 4, nothing seems to happen when I go to my carto Reinitialise the SD Card . I have left it the card reader in the car sat nav for 5 mins ignition on .. don't get any indication .. sat nav still dose its yellow screen , hour glass cycle thing .. is this right?
    However when I return to my lap for step 5 I open up Tom Tom home log in and insert the SD Card .. it dose not see the card tried several times and even using a different card reader, even though my laptop see the card ! Hence I am unable to update or install any thing using Tom Tom home .. only time it recognise the card if I restore the back copy of the original files to the card . outside the TOM TOM HOME .. I think this could be the issue that's preventing me from resolving the issues ..

a8yrtun3op0o.jpg
    vlqthje6hsrr.jpg

Hi @co4th4ng3r_1966

I am thinking that the memory card is not getting reinitialized when you insert it into your navigation module.

Would you be able to try a different memory card in this case? Because if the re-initialization process does not work then I would suggest that you get in touch with the car dealer.

Regards
    Vikram
    hi Vikram … problem partly solved. had to replace the faulty Tom Tom carminate live module in my car … I have replaced it with Non Live Tom Tom carminate Module which works ok …which I have registered the change on Tom Tom Account... The problem is the maps that I recently purchased ,that I could not use on my original faulty Device ,are not compatible with my replacement device ... Keeps displaying maps not compatible for this device … wondering if there is a work around for this … or will have to purchase another set of maps !! and spend another £34.94 for UK maps !!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,888
    Superuser
    Hi @co4th4ng3r_1966

You could try Customer Support to see if they can sync the maps to the new unit.

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Don't answer questions but wait for an agent to answer.

Doug