New maps v10.40 available for download - Page 2 — TomTom Community

New maps v10.40 available for download

2»

Comments

• ShellbyGriffShellbyGriff Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    @VikramK @lampard

We are all waiting on your response to Lost_Soul post regarding the 10.41 map release.

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,491 TomTom Moderator
    @Lost_Soul @ShellbyGriff

Yes, map v10.41 has released for the trucker and the camper devices. I have edited the announcement above. Sorry about the delay..

Were these routes plotted correctly when you were on map v10.30 released in June 2019?

Could you provide some examples?

Thanks,
    Vikram
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 216 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hello @VikramK

I have attached screenshots from MyDrive (PC web based) to illustrate the correct routing for the examples below and which includes the Vehicle Settings I have used on my Go Camper and Go 6250.

As an example plotting a route exiting a local village (Bricket Wood) to get petrol in Chiswell Green rather than just going around a "longabout" (extended roundabout) and then straight up the A405 which would take 4 mins / 1.75 miles.

11g2nidsgx1j.png

gjpw4wc9d1zo.png

The 10.35/10.41 illogical offering is to join the M1 at J6 southbound go 2 miles down to J5 exit go round the roundabout and return a further 2 miles back to J6, exiting to then join the A405 at the very same longabout it obviously has an issue with (albeit some 10 yards on the opposite carriageway) = 7 miles or 12 minutes.................

rhmdb14xgbyq.jpg

Above Route:
    From “Mount Pleasant Lane Junior School” or AL2 3UZ
    To “Shell Chiswell Green” 551 Watford Road or AL2 3EH

But then bizarrely plotting a route to go the London Colney Sainsbury’s Petrol station MyDrive still routes you correctly up the A405 to then join the M25……………

jd83gsk8yovr.png

The 10.35 / 10.41 routing is to turn left by the longabout onto the A405 and then go southbound for a mile then turn left into a very small road Saint Albans Road then left again then right to re-join the A405 and to comeback for a mile to return to the longabout ……………….then continue on its correct route to London Colney

avdznw9em6s7.jpg

Above Route:
    From “Mount Pleasant Lane Junior School” or AL2 3UZ
    To “Sainsbury’s Petrol Station Barnet Road London Colney” or AL2 IBP

I only purchased my Go Camper at the end of June 2019 / Go 6250 in July 2019 as an experiment to see if the devices would avoid routing me down narrow single track roads…………. Not So Far ;) .

At the suggestion of another forum user @DougLap (are you still running on 10.30 :) ) I reverted my Go Camper device back to the Europe Map Version 10.30 ( was unable to do the same on my Go 6250 as it only has the Europe Trucker Map and I did not want to delete it in case the device was then bricked).

Using the Camper Light setting it navigates on 10.30 as expected (4 mins / 1.75) on the first above example to the Petrol Station In Chiswell Green , but changing to a Camper Heavy (all settings the same apart from Gross weight set at 5t), it then reverts back to the erroneous 7 miles / 12 mins) routing........ :'(

I had not noticed the illogical / erroneous routings on 10.30 before as I believe I always used the Camper Light setting and then at a later date changed to the Camper Heavy vehicle setting; probably from being routed down the narrow track roads I had bought the device purely to avoid ……………..

Whilst I can ignore these "local" deviations; driving in unknown locations I felt and am sure I was often going around in complete circles and could not trust the device. ;)
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,736 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @Lost_Soul

Am I right in thinking that possibly the mapping may not realise that after you have turned left onto the A405 you can do a U turn after you have gone under the M1 to back along the A405.

Doug
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 216 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hi @DougLap

That is correct. If I change the vehicle setting to a Car / Van on the 6250 it will then do the U-Turn.

But there are no restrictions on the A405 for larger vehicles not to do the U-Turn - Local Buses and Lorries do this U-turn ( the end of a long roundabout) or join the M1 Northbound every day.
  • GPS-TruckerGPS-Trucker Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited December 2019
    You say the 1041 Europe_Truck map has now been released but my friend who has a current subscription for this on their NAV2 device is not yet being offered this via TTHome. Can you please confirm that currently only the NAV3 Europe_Truck & Camper maps have been released and you’ve not yet released the NAV2 Europe_Truck map?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,491 TomTom Moderator
    Thanks @Lost_soul I will add this to the ticket and get back if I need more information.

@GPS-Trucker, v10.41 is for the GO PROFESSIONAL, TRUCKERS and CAMPER devices running on the latest application v19.201

Regards
    Vikram
  • baltutisTTbaltutisTT Posts: 123 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Traveled to Salzburg airport (Austria).
    TomTom maps show Thessaloniki (Greece).
    z5mpp1p1p33j.png

Same problem with latest maps Go510 device and Android app.

Also seems more problems where Austrian address replaced with address from Greece.
    dndaapbmm1io.png

• LepreLepre Posts: 62 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hi VikramK,
    do you know when the next map will be available?
    thank you
  • tonygrtonygr Posts: 39 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I posted the same question on the thread about the new A14.

Apparently they hope to release it next week (25th February or there abouts)
  • LepreLepre Posts: 62 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    tonygr wrote: »
    I posted the same question on the thread about the new A14.

Apparently they hope to release it next week (25th February or there abouts)

Thanks tonygr,
    I hadn't noticed