New maps v10.40 available for download — TomTom Community

New maps v10.40 available for download

VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,433 Moderator
edited December 2019 in News and announcements
Hello All,

On Tuesday 26th November 2019 we have released maps v10.40

Due to issues found in the previous map v10.35 (Truck Best Route Not offered) this map release is split into two releases: v10.40 and v10.41 (Truck and Camper).

• All maps for Car, Motorcycle, Automotive will be released on the 26th of November. The version will be v10.40.

Edit: 13th December 2019
• We have released maps v 10.41 for Truck and Camper map. This map version will include fixes for routing.

Edit:

Maps for GO Mobile apps have been released on the 3rd of December 2019. The version will be 10.40.

Thanks and drive safe,
Vikram :)

wqzf01b2kiw3.png

Comments

• miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,378
    Superusers
    Great!
  • aleeza06aleeza06 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    i cannot download new maps as my computor requests me to free up disc space to carry on with the download i am not much of a computor person any remarks or news i would be very greatful
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,365
    Superuser
    Hi @aleeza06

Which Tomtom unit do you have. Is it a very old GO510 or the more recent GO510 model. What are the first 2 letters of the serial number .

Doug
  • LepreLepre Posts: 69 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hi,
    after 30 minutes of downloading the map is only 25% with 50 MB fiber, why so slow?
    Superuser
    Hi @Lepre

Lots trying to download the new maps at the same time can slow it down.

Doug
  • kieronkieron Posts: 417
    Superusers
    Both devices downloaded and installed with no issues. 🙂
    Help,
    I downloaded the Europe map (2.50 h), at the end tells me that there is no map and I have to contact the assistance, then he asked me to install a map .. what happens?
    GO 5200 wi-fi
    Superuser
    Hi @Lepre

Have a look at the following

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1041654/no-maps-available-wi-fi-devices#latest

I suggest that all times you have at least 2 maps on the device. I would recommend that you add a Venezuela or Iraq map which are very small files and do not use much memory up. With the second or more maps when you do a map update and have a problem which results in the loss of the map you still have a valid map on the device to enable you to turn it on as normal and then you can just add the lost map. Also when you have more than one map always do any map updates one at a time.

Doug
    thank you very much
    Hi,
    I tried again to download the Europe map, at the end of the download he told me to contact the assistance (no map found), I lost a working day
    Superuser
    Hi @Lepre

Lets see if @VikramK can see what has been happening according to their logs and then suggest what you can do.

Doug
    Thank you very much DougLap
    Hi,
    I downloaded the map for the third time, but Tom Tom tells me that the map is gone and you contact support, how did you unsubscribe? What do I do without a browser?
    Superuser
    edited November 2019
    Hi @Lepre

Are you doing the map downloading with the GO5200 directly via Wifi or are you connecting it to your PC. What is the download speed of your Wifi/Internet..

Is the European map the only map on the device or have you got others, if so what are they and have you got an extra memory card fitted and what size is it.

I have just updated my GO5200's 3 maps and updated the cameras file all with no problem.

Doug
    Hi DougLap
    Downloaded in WI-FI effective 50MB speed, from 07:00 this morning to about 16:45 to download the maps three times, I only had the Europe map, I never put an additional memory card.
    What do I do now?
    Thanks
    Superuser
    Hi @Lepre

Are you able as a test to download the map of Venezuela. It is a very small file and should be quite quick.

Meanwhile maybe @VikramK can review the logs to see if there is something causing the problem.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,433 Moderator
    Hi @Lepre

I was reviewing the logs for download for your device, the current status shows that you have the Europe map v10.40 installed.

Do you see the device loading the map, or could you do a soft reset and check again, please?

Regards
    Vikram
    Hello VikramK,
    last night I tried for the fourth time to download the Europe map, changing WI-FI (20 mb), and after 4 hours it ended, at the end the 10.40 map was installed correctly. I wanted to tell you that before downloading the map for the third time I did a reset for 30 seconds.
    I haven't lost any settings, not even my routes and locations.
    Thank you all
    Hi VikramK,
    I am attaching a PDF of my GO 5200, do you think everything is fine?
    See red arrow
    Thanks
    AAA.pdf 49.4K
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,728
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Lepre

The Charging stations file is only a POI file to display Electric Car Charging stations on the Map

To select Display or Hide... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Show POI lists on Map... Scroll down to Charging stations Select Display or Hide...
    Tap the ( ^ ) icon screen top right to exit

ATB YFM
    Superuser
    Hi @Lepre

Glad you seem to be sorted. now.

The wifi speed at 20mb is below what TT suggest for Wifi connected devices. Next time if you have a PC with the TT My Drive Connect software on it attach your GO5200 using the TT Cable to the PC with the My Drive Connect Software running. You will get a screen shot saying do the update via Wifi but ignore this and the PC but use the menu options on the GO5200 itself to do the updating. The connection to the PC is only as a means to connect the device to the internet. This may be a more stable connection for you and worth seeing if it works better for you.

Secondly can I suggest that you add second map to your device. I mentioned Venezuela before which is a very small file. The benefit of adding this map and leaving it unused on the device is that if you are doing an update of the Main map and you lose that because of a problem you can till start the GO5200 normally because there is a valid map on it. You can then just try and reload the lost map rather than go through the No Map Found process.

Doug
    thanks for your advice.
    Good day
  • RGM71RGM71 Posts: 377 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    v10.40 is now also available for GO Mobile app (at least for Android).
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,433 Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Thanks @RGM71

Yes, map v10.40 has been rolled out for the GO mobile apps.

I have edited the announcement above.

Regards
    Vikram
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 222 [Exalted Navigator]
    @VikramK @lampard

Exactly two weeks after the 10.40 maps were announced; my Go Camper / Go 6250 devices yesterday were offered updated maps to download:

v 10.41 for Truck and Camper map. :)

Tomtom previously stated: This map version will include fixes for routing.

However after downloading and updating both devices, plotting a route that I knew has given faulty results since Map version 10.35; very disappointingly the illogical and erroneous routing is still present…………………… :s

I notice that Tomtom has not announced on the forum the release of Map versions 10.41 so was the download offered yesterday the official maps or have they been released in error given that routing faults are still present ??