Update completed, worked on reboot, but as soon as I restarted, it's blank — TomTom Community

Update completed, worked on reboot, but as soon as I restarted, it's blank

I did the recent update on my TomTom Via 1535. It completed just fine. It restarted just fine. But when I restarted it one more time, it was blank. I got the gear and now it asks to connect to MyDrive. Every time I try to connect, it will not connect. I've tried Hard Reset, I've tried MyDrive on two different Macs, two different PC's, and about a dozen different USB cables, including the original, with the same results. It's as if the Boot Loader on the TomTom is now gone.

Is there a way to install the initial Boot Loader again using an SD Card? Is there an IMG file I can download somewhere to get it going again???

Thank you for any help you can provide...

Answers

• SuperSportSuperSport Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    PS: It has been working perfectly for the past couple years. All other updates went fine. This update seems to have broken my device.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,311
    Superusers
    Could try this:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898

If that doesn't work, maybe support:

877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST
    edited November 2019
    Thank you dhn for your reply. I've tried to get to the Black screen with text, but my device will not go there anymore. It only goes directly to the cog wheel and then waits for me to connect to MyDrive Connect. It acts as though the BootLoader is missing. I'm hoping there's an IMG file that I can download to an SD Card to get it back again.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,311
    Superusers
    No, you can't install an IMG file to that model as the user has no access to the file system.
    Thank you dhn, that's a bummer. I'm thinking it may be dead, but I've got a ticket started with support, so we'll see. This has been my favorite TomTom to date, and I've had many. I will be bummed if the update killed it for good.