Back to the roots — TomTom Community

Back to the roots

MJH48MJH48 Posts: 22 [Master Explorer]
When will Tomtom return to serve drivers?
I don't need a navigation device to control my home, but to help with driving
Tomtom has reduced the number of POI icons and prevents the use of custom icons
I have about 1000 custom POI placesin 23 categories in addition to Tomtom's places.
I'd rather see an altimeter and route track record for later review than IFTTT integration.

Best Answer

• MonsieurPoirotMonsieurPoirot Posts: 52 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Accepted Answer
    Totally agree!
    I can do IFTT with my phone! I don't need my TomTom to do that.
    Let's get back to doing everything 'SatNav' really well, that I can't do well
    with my phone.

Answers

• miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,417
    Superusers
    Agree with you!
  • MonsieurPoirotMonsieurPoirot Posts: 52 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Accepted Answer
    Totally agree!
    I can do IFTT with my phone! I don't need my TomTom to do that.
    Let's get back to doing everything 'SatNav' really well, that I can't do well
    with my phone.
  • MJH48MJH48 Posts: 22 [Master Explorer]
    Hi
    Does anyone know is coming up new hardware (or software) that can be put on their own poi icons, as with older models?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,406
    Superusers
    edited February 2020
    Hi
    @MJH48

Sorry NO....

On all of my Devices NAV3/4/5 I have 107 POI Categories installed, Some of the POI Categories with Tens of Thousands of individual locations

In the early days of the NAV4 devices you could use a 3rd party program to side-load Favorites into MyPlaces...
    I had 900 MyPlaces loaded another user had 1300 (That's one hell of a list to scroll down) 😧
    I never had a memory shortage problem, even on an 8GB GO 5000

Note... Tomtom knocked the little trick of side-loading Favorites on the head when they released the update Version 17.1 that allowed 3rd party POIs to be installed... At the same time they changed the memory location where the MyPlaces were stored and stopped the 3rd party program loading the Favorites/MyPlaces to the device :/

ATB YFM