Computer voice for the GO 50 TomTom Voice control cannot be used with your display language — TomTom Community

Computer voice for the GO 50 TomTom Voice control cannot be used with your display language

HI,
I am also getting 'voice control cannot be used with your display language' on my GO50. I have Jane installed and have just paid for Happy Holly but that doesn't work either.
I have UK settings on and have tried US but neither work.

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,893
    Superuser
    Hi @Cranver

Voice control only works if a computerised voice is selected. Also you can get more direction instructions with such a voice. You need to select Serena or Malcolm.

Doug
  • CranverCranver Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes.Thank you, but they are not available to select?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,893
    Superuser
    Hi @Cranver

Look back here on Monday and see if @VikramK has added the Voices to your account so you can download them.

Doug
    Thank you. I'll do that.
    Thank you, Vikram.
    I have downloaded this to my account. It shows on my account as being on the device but it does not show on the list to choose on the device.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,904 Moderator
    Hi Cranver

Could you do a soft reset and check again? [Press and hold the ON/OFF button till you hear the drum sounds]

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi Vikram,
    I performed a soft reset and Serena was there to select. Which i did but there was still no voice (volume on full) .
    When the device was switched back on Serena is now no longer available to be selected!
    I give up!!!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,904 Moderator
    Hi Cranver

See the post here from @YamFazMan, Have you got the settings right?

With regards to the voice disappearing after a restart, I would advise you report that to the customer service.

Regards
    Vikram
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,428
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Cranver
    Cranver wrote: »
    When the device was switched back on Serena is now no longer available to be selected!
    I give up!!!
    When you checked for the Serena Voice, did you scroll UP the list as well as DOWN....
    Sometimes there are Voices ABOVE the Selected Voice as well as below....

ATB YFM
    Hi,
    Yes, she did get on the list once! I pressed 'all voice' and 'fewer voices' and scrolled just to make sure.