Carminat Live Memory Card will not update now Home 2.20 installed — TomTom Community

Carminat Live Memory Card will not update now Home 2.20 installed

MorlandinhoMorlandinho Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited November 2019 in Built in car navigation
I have a persistant "TomTom Server Timed Out" error message now I have updated my TomTom Home to v.2.20. This occurs whenever I attempt to select "Update my Carminat TomTom" from Home with the SD Card inserted. Returning it to the car only gives me a blank time display and no SatNav of any description.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,842
    Superuser
    Hi @Morlandinho

Look back nhere to see if @VikramK has some advice for you .

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,699 Moderator
    Hi @Morlandinho

Welcome to the community!

I have activated the map for your device.

Could you also follow the steps advised in my comment here-
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1679764/#Comment_1679764

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • MorlandinhoMorlandinho Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I have followed the instructions in your linked post to restore my built-in device.

When I get to step 5 to "Reinstall Content from TomTom Home" I get the following issue:

I select Update for my SD Card and select all the updates. I get this following advisory:

5u4nzcasaj6i.png

When I select OK to confirm this the update immediately fails with the following error message:

2asdrle91rri.png

Can you please advise further?

Many thanks & best regards,

Mike
    Hi Vikram,

Additional to the above, if I leave the laptop in the first screenshot "Busy changing files" point, it just seems to hang with no change. As long as overnight in one case....

Further advice would be appreciated as i'm currently paying for a service I am unable to use at the moment.

Regards,

Mike
  • Oskar-2Oskar-2 Posts: 1,632 [Revered Voyager]
    edited January 2020
    ...if I leave the laptop...
    By any chance, Mike, do you have the power (battery) saving mode for your laptop activated? If so switch it off whenever using HOME - and try again.

You may also check/read this e.g.:
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @phjohan

Erratic behaviour on the road....
    400 MB is considered the bare minimum Free Working Space
    The more Free Space the faster the device will operate...
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down to Check the Free Space available....
    The full Europe Map now also exceed the 8GB of the NAV4 on-board Memory... This is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1682914/#Comment_1682914

Erratic behaviour updating using MyDrive Connect
    Download/Installation interrupted
    Are your USB ports set for power saving "USB Selective Suspend"

Win7 See... http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html

Win10 See… https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73187-turn-off-usb-selective-suspend-windows-10-a.html
    Click on link and scroll down to "Turn Off USB Selective Suspend"

Also turn off any Screen savers any other Power savers or USB port monitoring software installed

Random Disconnects on Surface Pro 3 & 4
    Do you have or have access to a 'Surface Dock', if so plug your device into a USB port on that. Others have found that to work
    On the Win10 tablets, Microsoft has hidden the "USB Selective Suspend" menu
    You will need to edit the Registry for the USB Selective Suspend menu to show.....
    Also see... Windows 10 Power Settings for Surface Pro devices
    See... https://www.lovemysurface.net/windows-10-power-settings-for-surface/

Laptop users also see Note (1) & (2)
    Note... (1) My Linx 10/10 Win10 Tablet is exactly the same... I had to edit the Registry to activate the advanced setting in the Power Menu
    Note...(2) Recently a User with a Dell XPS 9360 Laptop also exactly the same problem ... he also had to edit the Registry to activate the advanced setting in the Power Menu

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1234855/#Comment_1234855

ATB YFM

edited January 2020
    Thanks for the post Oskar.

No, all battery/power savers, screen locks etc are all turned off. Power supply is plugged in (Home2 window glowing throughout), wired connection to router, internet access running fine, Home2 reinstalled and SD Card formatted numerous times.

Device (SD Card) is clearly recognised by Home2 and the associated account as updates are available, but any attempt to update results in a hanging screen (first posted image). If you select "OK" to acknowledge the warnings about power saving etc to commence update, it gives a "User Cancelled Process" message (second posted image). It is as if the OK button is actually a Cancel button.

An inexplicable failure of the application to initiate the first step of the download when requested.

There have been no changes to my laptop in the time i've had it and it updated my Carminat system perfectly well previous to the Home2 application update.

Best regards,

Mike
    Thanks also for the links.

However, they refer to Nav4/Surface Pro 3 & 4 (I have a Carminat), MyDrive Connect (my Carminat uses Home2), and USB Selective Suspend (I have an SD Card for my inbuilt device, not a USB Connection).

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.
    edited January 2020
    I also occasionally get this message after inserting the SD Card and selecting Update (before available updates show):

8cz32oiizqrz.png

Mod edit: Image edited to remove email address. Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!