ON my old rider I could make a route and put VIA to bypass towns etc How do I do this on the new — TomTom Community

ON my old rider I could make a route and put VIA to bypass towns etc How do I do this on the new

aikiaiki Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
How do I set VIA on the new 500 when I arrange a route ?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    edited November 2019
    Hi
    @aiki1

Travel Via (Is now Add a Stop)
    Pinch zoom to the required location 'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the Location --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Add to Current Route'
    The device will calculate your route to include your new location

Saving the Route
    'Quick Tap' anywhere on the Route --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Manage route --> Add to my Routes.... Edit the route name as required or simply Tap Add

Note... (1) A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options

See The MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

Note... (2) The MyDrive Web Route planner will sync a .ITN Route with a Max of 20 stops

ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,569
    Superuser
    Hi @aiki

I assume the Riders work the same way as the car etc units so as follows.

If you create a route to a destination first then at any time you can

Tap Menu
    Tap Search
    Do a search as normal and select a place you want to go via ,ie a Waypoint.

When you select the Waypoint it appears on the screen marked on the Map with a Menu saying Drive,( not sure what the Riders say), next to the word Drive there are 3 vertical Dots.

Tap the 3 Vertical Dots and a sub Menu appears which includes the Option to Add to Current Route. Select that and it will be added to the route you already have on the device.

Also instead of doing a Search you can browse the Map and identify a Waypoint. If you then Press the screen for a second or so a Marker will appear.. Having made sure the marker is on the correct side of the road to help ensure the routing is correct then Tap the 3 vertical dots on the menu that will be there. If the menu is not present just Tap the marker to get it.

You can add a number of waypoints, I think 20 is the limit, to your route.

Hope that helps.

Doug