MyDrive changing start point when sending stops to TomTom Rider 550 — TomTom Community

MyDrive changing start point when sending stops to TomTom Rider 550

SedonaBobSedonaBob Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited October 29 in RIDER
I recently bought a Tom Tom 550. I created a future route on My Drive that starts about 500 miles from my home and includes 9 intermediate stops. i can sync this route with my Tom Tom 550 without the stops and it works fine. When I click Add Stops in My Drive it sends the stops to the 550 but it changes the start point to my home, 500 miles away. I don't understand why it is doing this. Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• SedonaBobSedonaBob Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    YamFazMan, thank you so much, this was driving me crazy! Your solution worked perfectly!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,994
    Superusers
    Hi
    @SedonaBob

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

ATB YFM
  • raesewellraesewell Posts: 139 [Supreme Navigator]
    YamFazMan, I couldn't have put it better myself, however I think you have too much time on your hands =);)
  • DBC58DBC58 Posts: 28 [Master Explorer]
    I'm sure this question has been asked before:

Is there a technical reason the MyDrive online planner does not have the ability to "sync to device" an .ITN file, a .GPX file or both ???

Currently I use MyRouteApp to build .ITN routes for each day of my motorcycle trip. Then I export each .ITN file to my Rider 550 one at a time via USB connection from my Chromebook.

I need all my pre-planned Routes (.ITN files) loaded on my GPS before departing because here in the States there will not be a phone data connection in remote areas.
  • ThomasRiderThomasRider Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    DBC58 wrote: »
    Is there a technical reason the MyDrive online planner does not have the ability to "sync to device" an .ITN file, a .GPX file or both ???

Any answer on this from TomTom Support?

@YamFazMan , thanks for the hint that "Send Stops" only works when the route has less or equal 20 stops. If the route has more stops, then the button is still active. You can press it but nothing is being send.

1. A limit of 20 stops for a full day tour is quite small. Of course you can split a day tour into multiple junks, but not really efficiently with MyDrive. Too many steps to perform.
    2. Also my experience is that Rider 400 is pretty slow using GPX format. Especially when it comes to a dynamic re-routing. As a tour guide you can't wait that long before the Rider is again ready to go.

=> Hence the above question/request becomes even more important.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,994
    Superusers
    edited October 28
    Hi
    @ThomasRider.....
    I also use the Free, slightly quirky, but very good ITN Converter....
    NO 20 Stop limit for .ITN Routes....
    ITN Converter has a huge number of Map types The Tomtom Routes Map is included, the ITN Converter also Saves/Exports a huge number of route file types
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1712711/#Comment_1712711

Save the .ITN Route file from ITN Converter to my Desktop --> Then use Tomtom Easy Route Transfer to transfer the .ITN Route to the Rider 400 or Rider 550....

The Rider 4xx & 5xx will give you direct access to a small buffer/transfer area of the Rider 4xx & 5xx Main Memory... You can also access your Micro SD Card, you can drag & drop your .ITN or .GPX route files directly to the Rider 4xx & 5xx Memory buffer/transfer area or the Micro SD Memory card over a secure system
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1026287/using-the-drag-drop-easy-route-upload-rider-4xx-models-only

Stay Safe... ATB YFM