Can I request that a map be reinstalled on my TomTom go 5100.? No maps showing in mydrive connect. — TomTom Community

Can I request that a map be reinstalled on my TomTom go 5100.? No maps showing in mydrive connect.

The Go 5100 was working fine until I installed a 32gmsd to enable me to purchase up to date map in the future.
Somehow I've managed to delete the map from the sat nav altogether and does not show in myDrive connect.,therefore unable to reinstall it myself.
. I am at present the owner of an expensive paperweight.
I really would appreciate any help with this problem.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,690
    Superuser
    Hi @Hort1

I assume if you have no map on the GO5100 then you are seeing the message No Map Found. Have a look at the attached video and see if that helps you to resolve the problem.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found

Was your unit not sold with World Maps. Once you have got the unit going again then if you go to Maps in Settings and click on Add a Map you I think you should get a list of maps available for you to download. The World Maps should be available to you at no cost.

If after looking at the video you have not been able to restore a map then come back here and we can see if one of the Mods @VikramK can help with a Map. If you do get the map restored but there is no list of maps for you to choose from then also come back here and let us know.

Doug
  • Hort1Hort1 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks for replying so soon. My Drive connect ( content ) is showing that I do not have any maps at all.
    I've followed videos all to no avail in an attempt to get the sat nav working.( I'm not particularly techno savvy ?)
    I still live in hope!
    Again, many thanks.
    Superuser
    Hi @Hort1

Lets see if @VikramK can sort the map situation out by looking at your account at their end in the morning. Look back here then to see what ideas he has.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,567 Moderator
    Hi @Hort1

Welcome to the community!

I asked the team to make some changes in the back-end. Just do a soft reset and check for updates again...

Regards
    Vikram
  • Hort1Hort1 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi Vikram

I would just like to thank you for sorting out my dilemma with my TomTom go 5100. Followed your instructions to achieve the winning goal..
    Can't thank you enough

Superuser
    HI @Hort1

Glad to hear you are sorted.

Doug