MyDrive Connect Update SD card not recognized — TomTom Community

MyDrive Connect Update SD card not recognized

owlshauntowlshaunt Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited November 2 in MyDrive Connect
Prior to update my device loaded up ok with sd card installed. Since update My Connect doesn't recognise there's an sd card installed, even through the device itself shows some memory has been used. Normal updates keep stating there is no space.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,991
    Superusers
    edited November 2019
    Hi
    @owlshaunt

Only Maps or Routes are stored on a Micro SDHC memory card
    The device needs a Minimum of 400KB Working space (On-board Memory)

The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now 8.465GB... This is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation... Some maps now exceed the NAV4 devices built-in Memory... Also see Note (1)

Insert a 16GB or 32GB Memory card... The Memory Card can only contain Maps or be used to transfer Planned .ITN or .GPX Routes
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card... For the new larger Maps maps you need to install a Branded Class 10 Micro SDHC memory card
    The latest Full Europe Map is 8.465GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless, a 16GB or 32GB is required (32GB is the Max size Class 10 Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)

Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error....
    Tomtom are allocating a small map to install on the on-board Memory of the NAV4 devices, to give access to the Micro SDHC Card Format Option
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device (400 MB is considered the minimum Free Space the more Free Space the faster the device will operate)...
    The smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper' This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

Note (1)
    If you wish to just stick with using the internal memory Instead of using a Micro USB Card
    Tomtom have released the Europe map in different Map Cuts (Map zones)... Will any of these new Maps suit your travel requirements ???
    More information Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1660206/#Comment_1660206

If Required maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map Say the UK&ROI Map to the account of your NAV4 GO 600

ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,571 Moderator
    Hi @owlshaunt

A smaller map of UK and ROI has been activated for your account.

Without the memory card in the device, try installing this one on the internal memory first and remove the Europe map.

Disconnect the device and insert the memory card. Soft reset the device and check for updates, the Europe map will be offered again. This time you should be able to install it on the memory card.

Regards
    Vikram
  • MatthiasLMatthiasL Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    Could I get this map (of NL) on my account too?
  • biddybiddy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having the same issue - I have reset etc. numerous times and nothing is working. MyDrive won't register that there's an SD card in the device.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,593
    Superuser
    Hi @biddy

I assume you are talking about your GO6100.

When you put the SD card in did you format it in the unit for Maps.

What make and size is the SD Card

Are you using the original Tomtom cable.

If you take the Card out does My Drive Connect see it.

Is the SD card fully inserted. Ie has it clicked into place.

Doug