No Traffic — TomTom Community

No Traffic

RDSBillRDSBill Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
For the last couple of days my device shows GPRS 'Disconnected', most of the time, as a result my traffic isn't working, it worked for a few hours this morning but was off all afternoon.
It gets traffic info ok when connected to my home WiFi.
The device was bought with 'Lifetime Maps' and 'Cameras', is there any subscription for the GPRS signal?
Tagged:

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,957 Superuser
    Hi @RDSBill

I assume the Model referred to in your Profile should be GO5200 not as listed GO5020. The former has an inbuilt Mobile Sim and there are no subscription charges for its use.

Occasionally the Sim can have trouble connecting as this can depend on where you are, just like Phone Sims, or if a situation occurs where the Sim is unable to connect to the TT servers. Normally I find the connection is pretty reliable but we have had one occasion where the Sim could not connect to the TT servers as there was a system problem. At the time we were in a traffic problem area with some major road works and Man U playing the local team. With the GO5200 wifi model you can connect a MiFi or connect it to your Phones Hotspot if it has one. I connected to a Mifi and instantly started getting Traffic data again.

Doug
  • Spade47Spade47 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have the same problem 'GPRS disconnected'. Traffic has been off for a few days but did work for a while this morning.
  • RDSBillRDSBill Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Well I'll monitor it again next week.
    I'm disinclined to connect it to my hotspot because that is why I paid premium money for a Satnav with in-built Sim!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,957 Superuser
    Hi @RDSBill

I understand that but if you had seen the chaos traffic situation I was in when the Sim Link failed for what turned out to be a general failure you would understand why I tried the MIFI or Hotspot link. At the time SHMBO was unwell and I was anxious to get her back to our hotel so she could lie down.

Doug