SD card recognised by sat nav and mydrive connect but will not use for updates? — TomTom Community

SD card recognised by sat nav and mydrive connect but will not use for updates?

Have go 5000, and an inserted sandisk 32gb sd card.Sat nav has formatted the card, and is recognised by my drive connect, but will not accept updates.Have only 36mb left on the inboard memory, and now cannot update due to not enough memory. I am prodded to remove items or use an sd card to provide space! Have used the instructions ie insert card when restarting sat nav and reformatting but to no avail.Sat nav states that card if fine and ready to use.Confused!!

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,893 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @johnnywibble

Welcome to the community!

MyDrive Connect allows you to only install a map to an external memory card. Since you already have the latest map installed on the internal memory you are unable to install new updates to the memory card.

I have added a smaller map of UK and ROI which will get offered as download in MyDrive Connect.

Remove the Europe map first and without the memory card check for updates in MyDrive Connect. Install UK and ROI.

If you still need Europe insert the memory card again and check for updates, you should then be able to install it on the memory card.

Regards
    Vikram :)

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,893 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @johnnywibble

Welcome to the community!

MyDrive Connect allows you to only install a map to an external memory card. Since you already have the latest map installed on the internal memory you are unable to install new updates to the memory card.

I have added a smaller map of UK and ROI which will get offered as download in MyDrive Connect.

Remove the Europe map first and without the memory card check for updates in MyDrive Connect. Install UK and ROI.

If you still need Europe insert the memory card again and check for updates, you should then be able to install it on the memory card.

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • johnnywibblejohnnywibble Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Finally did what you suggested, and sorted.Thank you so much