Cannot get beyond the Choose a Language screen — TomTom Community

Cannot get beyond the Choose a Language screen

When I put in the English UK and press next I get a Choose a Country screen with no options and no way of moving on

Best Answers

• Buffy26Buffy26 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    All sorted now, I had to select the map on the device (which I did) and now it is all there!
    Thanks for all your help Doug!
    David

Answers

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,769
    Superuser
    @Buffy26

Your START 62 was purchase in Europe?
    Also try giving it a soft reset by holding down of on/off button till you hear a drum-roll (can be up to 20 seconds)
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,570
    Superuser
    Hi @Buffy26

Its possible that you have lost the maps on your device so have a look at this.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1234555/#Comment_1234555

Doug
    Thank you Niall and Doug - I actually bought the satnav in UK but it does have Europe maps on it (or did!!)
    I have tried the reset and it made no difference, but thanks for the suggestion!
    I agree the maps may be lost but I don't know what to do about it nor can I have a look at the attached discussion point that Doug kindly posted as when I clicked on it (tried twice) it said I didn't have permission to look at that link!!
    Help!!
    Dear Doug
    Thanks so much, the video is easily watchable here and then I have tried to follow its advice but when I go on My Drive Connect, it tells me my device is fully updated and there are no maps available for me to download, except buying a whole new satnav with maps for hundreds of pounds!!
    I may have to ring the technical number again tomorrow but today it took me 30 minutes or so to get through but then the woman on the other end didn't actually sort it fully!
    Thanks for trying to help!
    David
    Dear Doug,
    I had to telephone customer support again and their assistant managed to put the maps available so I have now downloaded and got "active" UK and Ireland and have installed Europe but it only says "installed" but not "active", not sure why?
    At least for the moment I can use it in Britain which is where I am now!
    Thanks for your help!
    David
    Accepted Answer
    All sorted now, I had to select the map on the device (which I did) and now it is all there!
    Thanks for all your help Doug!
    David
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,570
    Superuser
    Hi @Buffy26

Glad to hear you are all sorted.

Doug