TomTom Professional 6250 — TomTom Community

TomTom Professional 6250

Hi Guys I have a TomTom Professional 6250 bought it in May this year. Has lifetime traffic and speed cameras. However when the unit wishes to notify me of a an alternative route it makes the same noise as for speed camera’s so I doubt always pick up on it especially on motorways and end up missing the exit..

I have tried changing the warning sounds but it doesn’t appear to have separate warning sounds and when i try to select Spoken warnings I get an error message which says “This option is incompatible with selected voice” I currently have UK Jane. I have tried UK Tim US Lori still i get the same error message.

Is there anyway i can add additional warning sounds or get spoken warning to work

Best Answer

• t-truckert-trucker Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Many thanks @DougLap @YamFazMan @VikramK. Got the two voices and I have to say they are a welcome improvement. I think the Serena voice is certainly a lot better than Jane ;) . But lets face it Jane’s been around along time :3:3

I must say i do prefer the spoken warnings. Compared to sound. It make the whole navigation process so much easier, especially in rush hour traffic

Once again many thanks 🙏

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,286
    Superuser
    Hi @t-trucker

You need the computerised voice Serena which hopefully @VikramK can add to your account tomorrow.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,733
    Superusers
    edited November 2019
    Hi
    @t-trucker

For NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices like your Professional 6250....

For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Average Speed Camera Zone'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    Even more info if in the 'Setting menus' you setup a Wide Traffic/Route Bar
    93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg
    ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,166 Moderator
    edited November 2019
    Hi @t-trucker

Two computer voices- Serena and Malcolm have been activated for your device....

Just download and activate any one of them. (The voices should be offered for download when the device is connected to a WiFi internet connection)

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • t-truckert-trucker Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Many thanks @DougLap @YamFazMan @VikramK. Got the two voices and I have to say they are a welcome improvement. I think the Serena voice is certainly a lot better than Jane ;) . But lets face it Jane’s been around along time :3:3

I must say i do prefer the spoken warnings. Compared to sound. It make the whole navigation process so much easier, especially in rush hour traffic

Once again many thanks 🙏
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,733
    Superusers
    edited November 2019
    Hi
    @t-trucker

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)
    Serena sounded even better on the previous NAV4 devices
    The more solid construction gave a better sound....
    It took a while to get the voice right on the NAV 5 devices

Come back Serena :'(

I like to drive in the country with Serena by my side
    I used to smile at miss-said words I knew she wouldn’t mind
    Then my Six - Two Hundred, replaced her at my side
    Her name is still Serena "There’s something wrong" I sighed
    She talks quite fast, is very brash, her voice I can’t abide
    It must be her twin sister, saying where and how to drive
    Tomtom please bring her back, I'm happy to Test-drive
    But It’s the Old Serena that I like… Assisting while I drive

ATB YFM