Corrupted maps — TomTom Community

Corrupted maps

SharkloreSharklore Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi there,

I have been trying to add North American maps to my GO 5100 and it keeps coming up as corrupted. I have tired;

Emptying download folder
Restarting both My Connect and the device

The map will download and is verified but fails when transferring. I've tried this for days with the same result. I have plenty of room on my side card.

Help please!

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,267 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Sharklore

Welcome to the community!

Could you try again to download the map again after clearing the cache?

Make sure you uncheck the box under settings to avoid downloading updates to the hard-drive -

nbrrfjwob8xb.png

Regards
    Vikram:)
  • SharkloreSharklore Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for this approach. I reset it still says I have a corrupted map on my device. Each time I delete it from my device it reappears as corrupted. I've done a soft reset and even reinstalled My Connect and it still reappears.
  • SharkloreSharklore Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Sharklore wrote: »
    Thanks for this approach. I reset it still says I have a corrupted map on my device. Each time I delete it from my device it reappears as corrupted. I've done a soft reset and even reinstalled My Connect and it still reappears.

@VikramK anymore thoughts?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,267 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Sharklore

I am not sure but did you try to untick the option(Download updates on my computer) as suggested above.

If that's been tried I would advise that you reach out to the customer service for further advise.

Thanks
    Vikram