I have a PRO Premium and I can't find the settings which turn on the speed panel — TomTom Community

I have a PRO Premium and I can't find the settings which turn on the speed panel

I have a PRO Premium and I can't find the settings which turn on the speed panel, i.e. current speed and current speed limit. Where do I go to do this?

Best Answer

Answers

• PeterJones123PeterJones123 Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Hi YFM,
    Thanks for the response however my problem is that I have no speed panel displayed. What I'm looking for is instructions on how to turn it on.
    Cheers, Peter
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,201
    Superuser
    edited November 2019
    Hi @PeterJones123

There is not a setting that turns it off or on.

Try a Soft Reset. Ie turn the unit on and when ready hold the ON/OFF button down until you here the Drumroll sound then let the button go. The device will restart.

If this does not resolve the problem then try a Factory Reset.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

This will delete My Places. and any Poi and Route Files you have loaded on the device. If you go to the My Drive website and log into your account you should see this data and when the device is set up again, as it was when first out of the box, it should connect to your account and restore the data . The versions of the Operating software and Maps on the device will not be affected by the reset.

If neither of these actions do not resolve the issue and restore the Information as illustrated on Yamfazman's post then contact Customer Support. Do not answer any questions but wait for an agent to answer.

Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,681
    Superusers
    Hi
    @PeterJones123

When you have a Satellite lock, a Route planned and the vehicle reaches around 10Kph (6Mph)... The Display should automatically change to the Driving view and the the lower info bar (Speed panel) should display

ATB YFM
    Hi YFM,
    Again, thanks for the prompt response.

I haven't yet done the reset suggested by Doug (my car is currently being serviced) however your comment got my interest. You say "a Route planned etc" - does this mean the device will ONLY display the speed panel when navigating, i.e no speed panel will display under normal driving conditions?
    Cheers, Peter
    Hi YFM,

Thanks for the update and good to know...

Hi Doug,

This is new device so I just went to the Factory Reset option and all is ok now.

Thanks for prompt support guys.

Cheers, Peter