how to access a map i've just downloaded — TomTom Community

how to access a map i've just downloaded

hankasz5hankasz5 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
hello - I've got an old tomtom (600) and i'm hoping to take it overseas with me in less than a week's time. I've never plugged my device into "my drive connect" prior to this, and I've now downloaded all the updates. I've paid AUS $69.95 for a single map download of UK / Ireland. It's not showing up on my mydrive connect, and when i access my account on the tomtom website it shows the payment status captured, the purchase date of 4.11, and the status of "in progress" - is this why i can't access the map yet, and if so, how long does it usually take to be able to access a purchased map? thanks - sorry for the novice questions!

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,822
    Superuser
    Hi @hankasz5

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard can have a look at your account and check things for you .

Just one thing you should check is have you got enough space on the device for the map. If your internal memory is fairly full you may need to fit a Micro SD Class 10 extra memory card. 8gb would b big enough for the UK map in the meantime the maximum card that you should fit is 32gb.

Doug
  • hankasz5hankasz5 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for your speedy reply. I can purchase a memory card and see if that works. Here's a screenshot of what my mydrive connect looks like - again, my naivety in not knowing how many MB a map would take up?! Do you know if there is normally a lag between purchase and being able to download the map?jstbdt7mvk2v.jpg
    Superuser
    edited November 2019
    Hi @hankasz5

You do not need an extra memory card as you have over 5gb available and that should easily take the UK map.

Don't know if there is a lag in a purchase coming up but let us see what one of the Mods has to say in the meantime be aware you will not get traffic data in the UK as Traffic is limited to the region the device is purchased in.

I assume you used the same email address to purchase the map as the device is associated with.

Doug
  • hankasz5hankasz5 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Yep - all the same email address. Thanks again for your help - lets see what the Mods have to say - I fly out on Monday :# !
    Superuser
    HI @hankasz5

Okay. Bring your thermals. =)=)

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,678 Moderator
    edited November 2019
    Hi @hankasz5

Welcome to the community!

Could you send me the order number through a PM

Thanks,
    Vikram.