French map keeps displaying "No route possible" — TomTom Community

French map keeps displaying "No route possible"

I purchased a French map and selected French map after trial and error on the device settings, and when I input the correct address for Le Man, it shows the destination. However, when I hit the drive button it just keeps coming up with "No route possible" despite previously showing me a map of Le Man. Surely I don`t actually have to be in France itself before it will show me the route ??. I even dowloaded it from TomTomMyDrive and loaded it to my VIA 52 hoping that method will work but it didn`t !!! Waste of money. Please help

Best Answers

• KwentKwent Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi John.

I thought that might be the case but dismissed it as I thought that this day and age, as long as you have selected the correct map for the destination, the rest will fall into place !!!. I'll switch to the French map after my ferry crossing next year and see how it goes.

Appreciate your help.

Answers

Accepted Answer
    Hi John.

I thought that might be the case but dismissed it as I thought that this day and age, as long as you have selected the correct map for the destination, the rest will fall into place !!!. I'll switch to the French map after my ferry crossing next year and see how it goes.

Appreciate your help.
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 695 [Revered Pioneer]
    Hi, @Kwent ,

Later TomTom Models allow for a Europe-Wide Map - which you would achieve your objective.

However, assuming that you are in the UK, I suspect that your Choice of Ferry Crossing Route (or Channel Tunnel) will depend on a number of factors (possibly Costs, Availability etc) which will NOT be reflected by an Early TomTom Map Route Plan.

If you do want to sort out your potential Ferry Crossings, based on a comparison of Routes, can I suggest that you look at TomTom's Online Route Planner ( https://mydrive.tomtom.com ), as this will show some alternatives on Ferry Crossings?

Hope that helps.

Thanks John, I'll take a look and yes, it'll be from the uk.