Difference between "MyDrive" and TomTom GO6200 — TomTom Community

Difference between "MyDrive" and TomTom GO6200

If I enter the following route in "MyDrive" and transfer to TomTom Go 6200:
Sandvigbakken 14 4750 Lundby, Solbakkevej 73 4700 Næstved, Johanne Korchs Vej 14 4700 Næstved, Trautnersvej 22 4180 Sorø, Johann Korchs väg 14 4700 Næstved, Solbakkevej 71 4700 Næstved, Sandvigbakken 14 4750 Lundby.
Then TomTom GO 6200 does not show the route as above, but the route looks like this: Sandvigbakken 14 4750 Lundby, Solbakkevej 73 4700 Næstved, Solbakkevej 73 4700 Næstved, Johanne Korchs Vej 14 4700 Næstved, Johanne Korchs Vej 14 4700 Næstved, Trautnersvej 22 4180 Sorø, Sandvigbakken 14 4750 Lundby.
This means I am not being properly guided back. I have tried another route where I also had to go the same places both out and home.

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 654 [Revered Pioneer]
    Try to sync the route as a track in mydrive then it will stick to the way it was planned.
    198cumny8acb.png

Sync as a route and it will change depending on the current traffic and route planning preference on the device.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,758
    Superuser
    Hi @Ebbe L.

Just to add to rider1riders post.

When you create a route in My drive and Send it to your GO6200 the device then recalculates the route based on the Route Planning Preferences in the device and the current Traffic conditions. It will also offer quicker routes, if the device is set to do so, if the Traffic conditions change during the journey. Should you miss a turning it will seek to get you back on route by the quickest way.

If you save the route in My Drive and sync it to the device it becomes a track. The device will then follow exactly what has been saved and will not consider Traffic conditions at any time. If the road is blocked it will still try to take you along it. If you miss a turning it will direct you back to the missed turning and insist you turn as you should have done.

Doug
  • Ebbe L.Ebbe L. Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi again
    I've now tried to save as a track, in MyDrive. If I then play the route on my TomTom Gps, it will run correctly to the end point, but will drive home without the specified stops.
    I can't save the route as ITN as that option is not seen in MyDrive web
    Sincerely
    Ebbe L. Nielsen
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,270
    Superusers
    edited November 2019
    Hi
    @Ebbe L.
    Ebbe L. wrote: »
    (Snip) I can't save the route as ITN as that option is not seen in MyDrive web
    To save a .ITN Route using the MyDrive Web Route planner see Post... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1679270/#Comment_1679270

ATB YFM
    Hi again

Well I don´t understand, bacause in MyDrive Web there is no option for ITN
    Ebbe L. Nielsen
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,758
    Superuser
    edited November 2019
    Hi @Ebbe L.

I assume from what you are saying that the device sends you along the route you want to take but if when at the destination you then ask it to take you back home it is not taking you home exactly the same route in reverse. That is because the Device is calculating a quickest, if that is your route preference, route to your new destination of Home.

When you create the route and save it in My Drive if you then select the Saved Route in My Drive and Click on Edit route at the bottom you get a Double Arrow on the righthand end of the Start Position. If you Click those arrows the route plan is reversed and so you can then save that and sync that to My Routes on the device and you now have a Track back home.

Doug
    Hi again

I wil try that a little later, then I will give you an answer.
    Ebbe L. Nielsen